2019 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

robikinkela

Oct 11, 2018
Aosta IT
Hi guys! A few days ago they replaced the engine and put the sponge and I'm very happy with this. My mechanic, however, did not replace the casing with the four bolts; I know someone has been done the complete job and I'm wondering why I'm not among those.

Will Ridealpine

Sep 18, 2018
Idaho
Hi guys! A few days ago they replaced the engine and put the sponge and I'm very happy with this. My mechanic, however, did not replace the casing with the four bolts; I know someone has been done the complete job and I'm wondering why I'm not among those.
If you want to make some bikes and sell some let’s do it. We can overcharge so that we have plenty to cover Covers.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I called specialized a few days ago, they told me the new covers are not out yet, out will be early next year.
They don't just add a bolt to your existing cover, it's a whole new cover, both sides.

Benson

Sep 19, 2018
Hampshire UK
I called specialized a few days ago, they told me the new covers are not out yet, out will be early next year.
They don't just add a bolt to your existing cover, it's a whole new cover, both sides.
Presumably there would be a new internal motor housing for the bolt to thread into, unless it’s a self tapping screw straight into the motor ?

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Presumably there would be a new internal motor housing for the bolt to thread into, unless it’s a self tapping screw straight into the motor ?
No the two covers bolt together, the drive side cover is a one piece affair that looks like a bowl once removed.
It basically goes the whole way round the motor, the second piece is just the non drive side cover.
So all the mounting etc are on the covers, no change to any mounts on the frame or motor.

Benson

Sep 19, 2018
Hampshire UK
Had another go at this and gave up and resorted to tape to seal the gap. I also question whether it was ever snug all the way around in the first place. In the photo below I’ve routed the main battery cable well out the way, along with the speed sensor and internal hydro housing and there’s still a gap. It seems to be a design issue, reinforced by the fact that a) we know there’s a new cover coming and b) the paint scuffs on the bottom of the frame match the lugs on the cover which suggest someone else (dealer or factory) has wrestled with this bike in the past.

45EBA144-DC91-4794-B5BA-68A411112CCA.jpeg

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
My one did fit snugly and now doesn't, don't know what's changed?
Also looking at your photo, why can't the cable just point straight and go in the right direction, rather than come out backwoods and then have to do a 180 degree turn, and then exit?

Benson

Sep 19, 2018
Hampshire UK
My one did fit snugly and now doesn't, don't know what's changed?
Also looking at your photo, why can't the cable just point straight and go in the right direction, rather than come out backwoods and then have to do a 180 degree turn, and then exit?

Agree, the cable is too long and must be exceeding a max bend radius or some such, it’s a reliability fault waiting to happen. In terms of the gap I sighted through it with a torch as I slowly tightened the bolts and none of the cables were obstructing.

Simon_t

Nov 18, 2018
Herne Bay, UK
Had another go at this and gave up and resorted to tape to seal the gap. I also question whether it was ever snug all the way around in the first place. In the photo below I’ve routed the main battery cable well out the way, along with the speed sensor and internal hydro housing and there’s still a gap. It seems to be a design issue, reinforced by the fact that a) we know there’s a new cover coming and b) the paint scuffs on the bottom of the frame match the lugs on the cover which suggest someone else (dealer or factory) has wrestled with this bike in the past.

View attachment 8843

I notice that the rubber boot on the main connector has split in exactly the same place as mine (which either happened at the factory or Spesh UK)
C24C89AF-6CD4-4A9A-AC37-96C2B1FB1ABC.jpeg

Simon_t

Nov 18, 2018
Herne Bay, UK
BTW, the cable needs the loop to allow for the ‘twisting’ when the battery connector is opened and closed (e.g. for charging). If the cable went straight from the connector to the battery connector it would likely fail quickly due the twisting over a short distance - the two power power wires are quite thick and stiff. I do think it could be designed better than the current cable though.

Simon

Goldmyu

Dec 13, 2018
Ta
So, I have reviewed this thread but still a bit confused, what's the current status from specialized about 2019 levos? do we get a new motor cover? if so, then when, and what is a good solution for now? cause after even just one ride this area gets filled with dirt ...

lenny74

Oct 5, 2018
Waterlooville
What we looking at? Video didn't make sense to me.
Same, although I'm guessing from his previous video that he's an engineer and is currently in the process of designing a cover/solution for the dirt ingress etc.

Do we know if the Range Extender is out and being used yet? Looks like a neat add-on.

Danny 504 give us some more info rather than just the cryptic videos o_O

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
Same, although I'm guessing from his previous video that he's an engineer and is currently in the process of designing a cover/solution for the dirt ingress etc.

Do we know if the Range Extender is out and being used yet? Looks like a neat add-on.

Danny 504 give us some more info rather than just the cryptic videos o_O

Yeah, he's 3D scanned his Levo and is working up a replacement cover.

midlifechrisis

Dec 16, 2018
Ipswich
That is the same bike I want to buy. Can you upgrade the battery to the 700 capacity model? Also, any volume dealers in the US who might have in stock for shipping?
Answer on the battery is yes. I'm about to order a 700wh- My LBS looked into it for me and its the same battery for aluminium and carbon frames. In the 2 weeks since owning my comp I realise I'm going to cover a lot more miles than on my old bike!

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Im just looking into that now. For me with that shock is getting a strong enough spring

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
Im just looking into that now. For me with that shock is getting a strong enough spring
Same here, did the spring calculations i'm 74kg but put in total ride weight of 100kg and it came out with Spring Rate: 601?? (Only goes up to 550) Go figure?

1546522550642.png

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
yeah I need a 700lb spring spoke to tftuned and they need to check if the damper will handle a spring that heavy.
I have seen somewhere somebody who makes custom springs just cant find the contact at the mo

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
yeah I need a 700lb spring spoke to tftuned and they need to check if the damper will handle a spring that heavy.
I have seen somewhere somebody who makes custom springs just cant find the contact at the mo
I edited my riding weight to 80kg and 3 turns and came out with 500... Would be sweet to try coil on my 2019 Levo. Just love my Kenevo with the Ohlins shock.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles