YT USA - AWESOME!

• Thread starter Deleted member 7401
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7401

Received my bike - Decoy 29 base. Built the bike. Noticed the rear disc was majorly tweaked. Skid plate was also cracked. And hanger was bent.

Sent YT a video and pics all from my phone. Easy process.

YT sent parts out within two days.

Great customer service. Bike looks sick. Can’t wait to rip it this weekend!

D

Deleted member 7401

Unfortunately shipping damage is kind of out of their control....

Hasse Birkmose

Jul 19, 2019
Denmark
Soo good to hear!
Awesome bikes and service that is rigget up for a direct to consumer brand.
Service in Europe is sadly so poor that i am trying to decide whether to keep my Decoy or not.
I dont want to ride and worry about it anymore...
Weird how it can so up and down in the to places?!?

Jdog

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
Received my bike - Decoy 29 base. Built the bike. Noticed the rear disc was majorly tweaked. Skid plate was also cracked. And hanger was bent.

Sent YT a video and pics all from my phone. Easy process.

YT sent parts out within two days.

Great customer service. Bike looks sick. Can’t wait to rip it this weekend!

I am UK based and when I bought a YT Capra 3 years ago it was shipped with a seized rear brake (SRAM Guide) I had to send the full bike back after already waiting 3 weeks for delivery and about 6 months into ownership the bearing went in my rear wheel and they wanted the full bike back so I just replaced it out of my own pocket.

I'd be interested to see if people in Europe receive the same service? This is a much better way of dealing with issues and certainly the way it should be handled in my opinion.

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
Fwiw, whenever I ship my bikes, I always take the discs off since they are easy to bend, even in a case. I get that direct suppliers want bikes to arrive as close to ready ride as possible, but it seems there's lots of reports of bent rotors. They should just leave them off.

Ymersmoelf

Oct 19, 2019
Denmark
I am UK based and when I bought a YT Capra 3 years ago it was shipped with a seized rear brake (SRAM Guide) I had to send the full bike back after already waiting 3 weeks for delivery and about 6 months into ownership the bearing went in my rear wheel and they wanted the full bike back so I just replaced it out of my own pocket.

I'd be interested to see if people in Europe receive the same service? This is a much better way of dealing with issues and certainly the way it should be handled in my opinion.
Cartridge in the SDG dropper blew (Decoy base). I made a warranty claim with YT and same time contacted SDG. SDG was super - put me in contact with their european supplier and within 4 days i received the cartridge - job done. Four days later YT answered me... what a joke! Both SDG and YT was supplied with the same videos, pictures and serial numbers. SDG just fixed it pronto! YT asked me to send the post to them and be patient for 3-4 weeks.

TransAmMan

Sep 18, 2019
Canada
YT USA really seems top notch ! Never heard anything bad about them ….

The rest of YT around the world need to use YT USA as a model for customer service.(y)

Reactions: 06z

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford

This is what I kept hearing all over from people. I was about to order a YT until I heard about all the issues with the EU/UK distro.

Changleen

Jan 18, 2020
Acquiring

Seized rear brake that uses dot fluid. Fluid is contaminated with water. Replace fluid. Bearing (wear part) fails. Replace. Total time and hassle = 1/100000 of what you chose to do.

Hasse Birkmose

Jul 19, 2019
Denmark
This is what I kept hearing all over from people. I was about to order a YT until I heard about all the issues with the EU/UK distro.
My problem wirh YT is 1: responsen time is counted in weeks and not days. 2: small problems become big problems - bearings, brake parts, Dropper cartridges. Drivetrain parts the answer is always. Send the bike or the part. When they ask (they do) to include pictures, video and part reg. Numbers you cant try and scam them and they should just send smaller parts pronto! I will gladly fix it myself but i will not be off the bike for weeks because of a small problems.

Jdog

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
Seized rear brake that uses dot fluid. Fluid is contaminated with water. Replace fluid. Bearing (wear part) fails. Replace. Total time and hassle = 1/100000 of what you chose to do.
Ah here we have typical forum expert who wishes to fix my problem in hindsight by pure speculation about the actual issue...

And there was me thinking I did the right thing in sending my brand new bike back as instructed by the dealer so I didn't void the warranty on the brake by doing it myself :rolleyes:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7401

My problem wirh YT is 1: responsen time is counted in weeks and not days. 2: small problems become big problems - bearings, brake parts, Dropper cartridges. Drivetrain parts the answer is always. Send the bike or the part. When they ask (they do) to include pictures, video and part reg. Numbers you cant try and scam them and they should just send smaller parts pronto! I will gladly fix it myself but i will not be off the bike for weeks because of a small problems.

I was provided a response in one day. Parts delivered in 7!

Even during the virus outbreak!

I’m sure it has slowed up now a bit but that’s understandable.

And as far as the hassle of of doing so...I’m good with that. I saved over $1K by buying YT over similar spec’d options from competitors.

Hasse Birkmose

Jul 19, 2019
Denmark
I was provided a response in one day. Parts delivered in 7!

Even during the virus outbreak!

I’m sure it has slowed up now a bit but that’s understandable.

And as far as the hassle of of doing so...I’m good with that. I saved over $1K by buying YT over similar spec’d options from competitors.
Sounds great! Please be specific about the proces and calm my anger with YT. What part? Your claim? Their answer? Solution?
Please ;-)

D

Deleted member 7401

All I did was submit a claim with pictures and video of the issues after I opened the box thru their online claim process - all thru my phone. Each picture and video clearly showed the shipping damage. Received an email the next day and confirmed the parts. Then they were actually shipped two days later.

Yes the process took a week. For some that would probably be too long. But again I saved well over $1k and have no problems for waiting a decent time frame as long as my issues are resolved. YT USA is on it.

Hasse Birkmose

Jul 19, 2019
Denmark
All I did was submit a claim with pictures and video of the issues after I opened the box thru their online claim process - all thru my phone. Each picture and video clearly showed the shipping damage. Received an email the next day and confirmed the parts. Then they were actually shipped two days later.

Yes the process took a week. For some that would probably be too long. But again I saved well over $1k and have no problems for waiting a decent time frame as long as my issues are resolved. YT USA is on it.

Calbiker

Apr 10, 2020
California
New member. First post. I wanted to share my experiences with YT USA for other readers who might be on the fence about buying from a consumer direct company. I purchased my Decoy 29 Pro in Feb. 2020 and specified I would pick it up at their factory. COVID 19 blew up and I asked to change it to bring shipped To my home in No. Cal. The bike had already been assembled and YT promptly answered all emails within 24 hours, often times within the hour about this request. Despite being short staffed due to COVID restrictions, they shipped the bike within a week of request. Nothing but positive interactions. When the bike arrived, the box was pretty beat up with some minor damage(bent rear rotor). Again, contacted YT and received new rotor within 48 hours. Nothing but excellent customer service. So nice to see a company interested in working with customers. I realize my dealings are with YT USA and others have had issues across “the pond”. But on this side of the Atlantic, wow am I impressed.

Subzilla

Jan 13, 2020
NW UK
I hear they have a British guy on board, so fingers crossed they are getting their act together. Love my decoy, had a few niggles mainly through my own “tinkering”. The bike is the best I’ve owned regardless of e-bike or regular.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles