YT Bikes USA no batteries available (rant/complaint)

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
Used to be a big fan of YT, I have a decoy but will not be buying another bike from them. In the USA Batteries have not been available for almost 2 years! plus as most know, they never came out with 700wh battery like they promised.

They blame it on supply chain, which I believed initially but I don't anymore. The batteries are available in the EU but not USA. They will not ship from the EU.

They have no ETA on batteries but they are selling new bikes with batteries!! They are hoarding batteries for new bikes and warranty while shafting people past 2 years... crazy.

Anyway, great bikes but buyer beware, If your battery goes belly up and you are in USA you are SOL with no ETA!

Are there any other bike companies that don't have a battery available for last 2 years? Guess it pays to go with a bigger name...

Of course writing a post like this is like screaming into the void..lol pointless I know...

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Used to be a big fan of YT, I have a decoy but will not be buying another bike from them. In the USA Batteries have not been available for almost 2 years! plus as most know, they never came out with 700wh battery like they promised.

They blame it on supply chain, which I believed initially but I don't anymore. The batteries are available in the EU but not USA. They will not ship from the EU.

They have no ETA on batteries but they are selling new bikes with batteries!! They are hoarding batteries for new bikes and warranty while shafting people past 2 years... crazy.

Anyway, great bikes but buyer beware, If your battery goes belly up and you are in USA you are SOL with no ETA!

Are there any other bike companies that don't have a battery available for last 2 years? Guess it pays to go with a bigger name...

Of course writing a post like this is like screaming into the void..lol pointless I know...

I bet it feels good to vent at least right? Crazy times we're living in.

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
I bet it feels good to vent at least right? Crazy times we're living in.

Just bummed because its a great bike but support for people I know has gone from great to abysmal... Something to be aware of when buying an ebike from YT USA... strangely most of the complaints used to be from UK people but maybe they have that side of the pond sorted?

IDK hard to cry supply chain when you can buy batteries anywhere in the EU but not USA..

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
I take it you are waiting on a battery? Is there a freight forwarding company you could use in the Eu to send it over to you there? Thats what we do in our country to get things that aren't available in our region.

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
I take it you are waiting on a battery? Is there a freight forwarding company you could use in the Eu to send it over to you there? Thats what we do in our country to get things that aren't available in our region.

Sounds complicated and expensive.. if you buy EU battery you are already paying euro vs dollar so you pay more plus VAT plus whatever the freight would charge. But thanks of the idea! I guess if I was desperate then that would be way too go.

Right now my battery is working but not getting the same range I once was thinking of keeping it and buying a second battery vs selling it.. I think Ill sell it now.

dkkarl

Dec 14, 2019
USA
Ring up/email The Mill and get on the battery waiting list. Got a second battery about 2 weeks after I took delivery of my Duck.
I emailed The Mill (YT USA) about a waiting list for a battery, this is the reply:

"Thanks for reaching out!
We unfortunately do not have a waiting list or pre-order list for new batteries. All bikes and parts are first come first serve.
We do have a large re-supply of batteries on order and we should be receiving them around mid May at this point. As soon as we receive this re-supply we will post the batteries for sale on our website. "

Hope this helps

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
I emailed The Mill (YT USA) about a waiting list for a battery, this is the reply:

"Thanks for reaching out!
We unfortunately do not have a waiting list or pre-order list for new batteries. All bikes and parts are first come first serve.
We do have a large re-supply of batteries on order and we should be receiving them around mid May at this point. As soon as we receive this re-supply we will post the batteries for sale on our website. "

Hope this helps

Oh cool thank you! now that someone brought back he 700wh battery thread im thinking I'll hold out hope again for a bit.. probably misguided! lol

Maybe they are getting shipments and they sell out right away.. seems weird though.. they should have a wait list so they can track to specific customers..

ebkilla

Oct 15, 2021
California
I spoke with them in the case of a battery issue and they do keep a stock of them for warranty purposes but not to sell. I was hoping to hear more news of the 700w battery on this forum but alas.

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
Awesome thanks, just going to ride this until it blow up.. decided not to put any money into it as it's turning into Dino 🦕.... I'm excited for the small motor lighter weight ebike though! Definitely gonna hold
Out for one. Getting tired of the 58 pound decoy! 😂

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles