Yt decoy

Jk 123

Jun 24, 2019
Scotland
Hi all just made the big decision of getting into EMTB from normal mountain biking I’ve ordered the yt decoy prorace due sept 11th can’t wait
Would like to know from anyone who’s already got there’s what it’s like going from a normal bike to a decoy ? I currently ride a yt Capra
Are they cumbersome on tight corners , any reliability problems etc

Lee Dove

Oct 12, 2018
Scotland
Hi all just made the big decision of getting into EMTB from normal mountain biking I’ve ordered the yt decoy prorace due sept 11th can’t wait
Would like to know from anyone who’s already got there’s what it’s like going from a normal bike to a decoy ? I currently ride a yt Capra
Are they cumbersome on tight corners , any reliability problems etc

I have a Pro.

It is a bit sluggish compared to my Pro Race Jeffsy 27 but not by as much as I thought. I am now running it in the "High" setting which gives a bit more pedal clearance and brings the head angle a bit steeper. This seems to help turning quite a bit.

I will drop to a 2.6 rear when I wear out the 2.8 which should speed up the turn in a bit more, although it will negate the chip change a bit.

If you ride a Capra it will be much less of a change and you are going to love it :)

Jk 123

Jun 24, 2019
Scotland
I have a Pro.

It is a bit sluggish compared to my Pro Race Jeffsy 27 but not by as much as I thought. I am now running it in the "High" setting which gives a bit more pedal clearance and brings the head angle a bit steeper. This seems to help turning quite a bit.

I will drop to a 2.6 rear when I wear out the 2.8 which should speed up the turn in a bit more, although it will negate the chip change a bit.

If you ride a Capra it will be much less of a change and you are going to love it :)

Jk 123

Jun 24, 2019
Scotland
Thanks for the reply lee I hired a kenevo at glentress last year and it felt a bit tank like was just worried the decoy is the same no matter though I can’t wait to get more riding done I’m. Limited time

Lee Dove

Oct 12, 2018
Scotland
Thanks for the reply lee I hired a kenevo at glentress last year and it felt a bit tank like was just worried the decoy is the same no matter though I can’t wait to get more riding done I’m. Limited time

i did the exact same thing in August last year. The decoy is better than the Kenevo although a mate got a Kenevo and put 2.5 tyres on it which transformed it. He is on his third motor in 9 months though ;)

06z

Jun 2, 2019
Southern California
i did the exact same thing in August last year. The decoy is better than the Kenevo although a mate got a Kenevo and put 2.5 tyres on it which transformed it. He is on his third motor in 9 months though ;)
Are you friking kidding me? 3 Brose motors in 9 months? Can't wait for my Decoy Race Shimano style (y)

I think they should change the name to BLOSE motor.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles