New on eMTB. YT Decoy

bryancls

Sep 2, 2019
California
Hi? I just joined last night, I am planning to purchase an E bike and Im trying to get more information about it, Can I ride it legally here in California on every mountains?

Im actually considering the YT Decoy but Im still trying to find out where I can send its motor if ever I need to do some maintenance or have it fix in the future. Does shimano gets the responsibility for it or YT.

06z

Jun 2, 2019
Southern California
Any Shimano service center. You can search on Shimano's website for the closest one. I happen to live 10 minutes away from one. I personally don't think there is a better specked bike for the money. I have had my Decoy for almost a month and would 100% order it again.

bryancls

Sep 2, 2019
California
Any Shimano service center. You can search on Shimano's website for the closest one. I happen to live 10 minutes away from one. I personally don't think there is a better specked bike for the money. I have had my Decoy for almost a month and would 100% order it again.

Thanks!

Reactions: 06z

JkdJEdi

Subscriber
Feb 18, 2024
Palm Desert, California
Hi? I just joined last night, I am planning to purchase an E bike and Im trying to get more information about it, Can I ride it legally here in California on every mountains?

Im actually considering the YT Decoy but Im still trying to find out where I can send its motor if ever I need to do some maintenance or have it fix in the future. Does shimano gets the responsibility for it or YT.
If there's indians involved then heed the anti ebike warnings. here in the valley it's a mixed bag of emotions about it, half are always online reminding folks about what and where not to ride but I've never really noticed any NO EBIKES ALLOWED signs anywhere. Then theres the other half who urge ebike riders to write to local land managers to soften any said rules to at least let Class 1 ebikes on trails. Some trail systems see no difference between combustible engines and ebikes, which is ashame as they are nothing similar with the two. Class 1 eMTB rely on pedal force and have no throttles and are also limited in speed! Your downhill runs will be all you basically. Just stay away from any confrontations is best and ask other emtb riders where the "safe" spots are.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles