YT Decoy Base/Pro 29 size advice

nikojenks

Jun 7, 2020
UK
Can anyone give some sizing advice on the Decoy Pro 29? I’m 5’8” ish (173.5cm) so would need a Large based on YT’s size guide.

But looking at the medium geometry compared to my medium Bronson, which i’m super comfortable on, the decoy reach is 20mm longer, standovers the same give or take a mm, wheel base is longer, ... etc. Only thing that comes up shorter is the top tube by 9mm and then there's the steeper seat tube angle (Decoy 77 / 75.5 vs Bronson 74). Knowing i’m comfortable with the fit of the Bronson it’s pushing me towards the medium.

I generally prefer a slightly smaller bike, but really worried about ordering something too small and with no UK demo days planned and unlikely due covid, i’m unsure what to do.

Any advice would be appreciated

Last edited:

KenX

E*POWAH Master
Jul 21, 2019
Briançon, France
I'm 168cm and was between S/M, went for Small in the end as I also prefer a more compact bike, also, with every size jump the seat tube length grows 20mm and I've got short legs, so seat post insertion may have been an issue for me....
Chuffed with the sizing for me, YMMV.....

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
I'm 168cm and was between S/M, went for Small in the end as I also prefer a more compact bike, also, with every size jump the seat tube length grows 20mm and I've got short legs, so seat post insertion may have been an issue for me....
Chuffed with the sizing for me, YMMV.....
Same here @165, was between s and m on yt chart, demo'd medium in UK and small in Chatel, and went with small. All other bikes have been small. No regrets. Weight gives the bike stability so you don't need it to be the length of a barge. Downsizing retains some flickability..... Is that even a word.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles