Your examples of cycling bad value ( taking the p.... )

Tymon170

Jul 19, 2020
NZ
Hi for those wanting better value for money,here is three shops in NZ that sell quality gear at reasonable prices and I have clothes from all three that are nearly ten years old and are still wearable for task. Ground Effects,Kathmandu,Swazi Clothing. All three have websites and courier overseas .Swazi clothing isn’t bike specific but they make good stuff, Ground Effect are bike only and Kathmandu have a variety. Regards

Manc44

Jun 22, 2021
Manchester
Anything made by Problem Solvers. For example this at £23:

One of those carbon front mech band clamps at nearly £25 a pop...
Code:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/eXotic-Carbon-Derailleur-34-9mm-Finish/dp/B00N9Q7ASM

(Amazon link won't post so I put it in a code box)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
What decent carbon road frame uses a band on clamp?

:unsure:

#cheaptrinkets4Tightfannies

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
I give you $699.99 of ridiculous cash in on the rich ultimate accessory. Glad I'm not a roadie for many reasons but you know this is coming our way with an Ebike specific version which will be the bargain price of $799.99

KtP

Oct 14, 2020
Salisbury UK
Boomerang Cyclotrac. Around £100 for a tracker/alarm with security screws to fix to the bike. Doesn’t work, and the thingy to undo the screws is cheap and widely available. Constant assurances from supplier about firmware and app updates, but nothing really effective.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I give you $699.99 of ridiculous cash in on the rich ultimate accessory. Glad I'm not a roadie for many reasons but you know this is coming our way with an Ebike specific version which will be the bargain price of $799.99
I don't think you need to worry about us being their target market ;)
It's quite funny that Asolute black are openly slagging off Ceramic Speed's pulley wheels which must have been ABs reason for making these in the first place.
I know a guy who swears by them and his £4k+ carbon aero wheels. He does regularly podium in Ironman/Triathlons though. I keep telling him to spend his money on EPO... or drugs of any sort really. I know I'd need drugs to sit for 4 or 5 hours watching a power meter reading

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Its a weird approach to be sure and exactly that, they've looked at something that's a bonkers price already for marginal gains and thought, what a great idea, minimal cost to us, maximum selling price and profit.
No one is going to convince me that this "thing" gives value to any rider to the value that they are charging?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles