Yo! Hope I’ve made the right choice!

Shane’o’Mac

Nov 27, 2020
Leicester
Hello to all the emtber’s, took delivery of my Whyte e180rs today so this is my first post! Nearly pulled the trigger on a trek rail but decided against as always had 27.5 so stuck to what I know and settled on the Whyte after a lot of research! Hopefully I’ve made the right choice!
Looking forward to hitting the trails!
24874925-D0B6-41F1-81A8-0F7B8CC8C2B8.jpeg

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
Welcome to the forum. Gorgeous bike! My first ride on an eMTB was on a Whyte e150s I hired at a bike park. I loved it and was hooked. With all the weight down low, the Whyte is very planted on the trail and an awesome bike to ride. I ended up with a Rail though, mainly because I needed to take the battery out for charging, and on the Whyte that's not an easy thing to do on a regular basis. The Rail is a great bike too!

Shane’o’Mac

Nov 27, 2020
Leicester
Thanks for the welcome! Yeah I was very torn between the 2....... the rail was an awesome package and loved the gold/charcoal colour way! Luckily I can charge it in frame and hopefully not worry too much about getting battery out but yeah I did read about it’s difficulties! Buzzing on my choice for the Whyte though! Ordered an invisiframe kit to keep it tip top
It only took me a couple of hours to get the e-bike bug after riding a friends kenevo on some local downhill at an old quarry site!

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
That e-bike bug is very catchy! My friend rode my Rail for 15 minutes and was hooked, he's just bought a Whyte e160RS!
100% if you can charge the battery on the bike there's nothing not to love about the Whyte, I think in some ways it's a much better package than the Rail, they've paid close attention to details like weather sealed bearings. I don't know if you've watched the MBR video where the Whyte 160RS and the Rail were closely tied for shop bought e-bike of the year, I think if not for the faff with the battery the Whyte would have won!
watch from 22:15

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
100% you have made the right choice ..Im fairly biased as I ride an e160rs..which I've only had since the beginning of October but what a bike !
Still getting used to how to ride it compared to a normal mtb ..but loving every minute ..
Hope you enjoy your bike and welcome to the forum ..

Shane’o’Mac

Nov 27, 2020
Leicester
Very nice bike ? I bit the bullet & but a deposit on the Rail 9 as i just love the look of it ?
Yeah amazing looking bikes are the rails! I hired a remedy couple of years ago at Cannock Chase and loved that too!! That got me on a full suss (just sold my vitus Sommet carbon to help fund the Whyte)

Healy

Oct 4, 2020
Forest of dean
Argh want mine now, I sold my canyon last week so I’m bikeless til the ebike turns up. Ace cycles offered to lend me one for a pedal, good set up if your near the Forest of Dean. I took my boy on his bike today and had to walk behind. I never seen so many new bikes. I hope the bikes is as good as it looks dude

Shane’o’Mac

Nov 27, 2020
Leicester
Argh want mine now, I sold my canyon last week so I’m bikeless til the ebike turns up. Ace cycles offered to lend me one for a pedal, good set up if your near the Forest of Dean. I took my boy on his bike today and had to walk behind. I never seen so many new bikes. I hope the bikes is as good as it looks dude
Cheers mate...... I was without a bike for a couple of weeks and really seemed to drag! Heading to Forest of Dean tomorrow funnily enough...... first outing on the new pony! What’s on its way for you?

Shane’o’Mac

Nov 27, 2020
Leicester
Aaaah I see....... didn’t get that lol you get the 20 or the 21?
Forest of Dean tomorrow but never been so don’t know exactly where? Been flyup 417 loads on my full suss, I’m just Tagging onto a group of work mates who have emtb’s

Shane’o’Mac

Nov 27, 2020
Leicester
Yeah might take you up on that mate....... got back today with huge smile on my face, hit the trails from the cannop cycle centre! Some really good techy trails! Deffo a couple of bone rattlers! Will be back to FOD for sure!!

Healy

Oct 4, 2020
Forest of dean
We have some really good off piste stuff. Will let you know when I got my bike. Going to call and see if I can borrow a e160 next Sunday

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles