Yeti 160E arrived

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
And it is so clean! Superb detail, lines, linkage ?

73F5C441-01B4-4164-B42B-37AD1D36C16F.jpeg

F1ABC554-1796-452D-9180-37AD7856CD9B.jpeg

6ACF407C-EC8B-42A3-AAB2-41B96DE7C15E.jpeg

0AEB35D5-8430-4A3C-A787-360D533E0456.jpeg

EE1AA3C4-4903-4D08-B48F-66AE61A71BD1.jpeg

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Looks sweet.

@Rob Rides EMTB a few reviewers mention the Yeti feels less balanced on downhills due to the rider feeling that theyre further forward than other bikes. Would welcome your view while youre testing it if thats ok.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Looks fucking lovely. Heavier than I was expecting though.

A thread with all the bikes that go through your sticky fingers showing weight and spec would mint.

Reactions: KSL

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I haven’t been at all excited about this bike, but have to say your pics do show it in a different light to what I have seen before, and the cleaness of the design and manufacturing quality comes through.

I just don’t think that the down tube shape the current shimano batteries require looks great on most of the newer bikes.

Will be interested to see how it rides, as I still think it’s not really offending anything bikes half the price offer and can’t see anything from the specs that will make it ride any better than a Megawatt, Decoy et etc in terms of putting a smile on your face, unless of course the mind bending six bar sytem is mind blowing too!

Reactions: KSL

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
That linkage is mad. Can anyone explain in laymans what the benefits of the 2 extra bars are? I presume it allows the chainstay to move a different arc to a 4 bar but I'm struggling to see how it works from the pics.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
That linkage is mad. Can anyone explain in laymans what the benefits of the 2 extra bars are? I presume it allows the chainstay to move a different arc to a 4 bar but I'm struggling to see how it works from the pics.
Enjoy

from that article:
Yeti have created a new 6-bar suspension system that utilizes a similar Switch Infinity-type concept, where the bottom pivot moves upward to an inflection point and back down at the end of the travel. Unlike the linear movement of the Switch Infinity, the bottom pivot of this system moves in a linear path in the middle of the migration path and has a small amount of curvature at each end of the migration path, at both full extension and full compression. Yeti claim this may improve anti-squat and anti-rise numbers. Additionally, Yeti claim the 6-bar system will allow the designers more freedom in separating kinematic dials such as anti-squat, anti-rise, and leverage ratio. Yeti are implementing this design with both traditional pivots and flex stays with solid pivots.

Last edited:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Yeti have created a new 6-bar suspension system that utilizes a similar Switch Infinity-type concept, where the bottom pivot moves upward to an inflection point and back down at the end of the travel. Unlike the linear movement of the Switch Infinity, the bottom pivot of this system moves in a linear path in the middle of the migration path and has a small amount of curvature at each end of the migration path, at both full extension and full compression. Yeti claim this may improve anti-squat and anti-rise numbers. Additionally, Yeti claim the 6-bar system will allow the designers more freedom in separating kinematic dials such as anti-squat, anti-rise, and leverage ratio. Yeti are implementing this design with both traditional pivots and flex stays with solid pivots.

If that’s in layman’s terms, I’m glad you didn’t provide a detailed technical response!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Holy shit man the bike is good.

most suprising is how well it climbs. Despite the ‘weaker’ EP8 I’ve found that the rear grips in so well that it’s able to climb stuff just like the Bosch. Albeit in the limited (2 local rides) completed so far.

Its incredibly nimble and the bike feels *almost* like a super light with more power. If I hadn’t weighed it I’d have thought it was a couple of KG under the 23KG actual weight.

It’s very quiet, other than the slight EP8 rattle. It’s the quietest EP8 I’ve tested. Could be down to design, could be a fluke, could be Shimano have refined their manufacturing process.

I’m honestly surprised by the bike. When you read paper stats it’s quite easy to build up an opinion on how it might ride. Be I’m very impressed after a couple of short rides so far.

20210924_190222.jpg

luna87824

Jan 19, 2019
Just South of The Grand Canyon
Holy shit man the bike is good.

most suprising is how well it climbs. Despite the ‘weaker’ EP8 I’ve found that the rear grips in so well that it’s able to climb stuff just like the Bosch. Albeit in the limited (2 local rides) completed so far.

Its incredibly nimble and the bike feels *almost* like a super light with more power. If I hadn’t weighed it I’d have thought it was a couple of KG under the 23KG actual weight.

It’s very quiet, other than the slight EP8 rattle. It’s the quietest EP8 I’ve tested. Could be down to design, could be a fluke, could be Shimano have refined their manufacturing process.

I’m honestly surprised by the bike. When you read paper stats it’s quite easy to build up an opinion on how it might ride. Be I’m very impressed after a couple of short rides so far.

View attachment 72312
How do you carry your wood kick stand??

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Enjoy

from that article:

Oh I see ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles