worn motor bearings

robert

Dec 12, 2018
scotland
has anybody worn their motor bearings out yet and had succsess replacing them ? cant find a shop that will remove and refit my motor because its been deristricted and is not registered etc.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
What motor ? how has it been de restricted , not sure what you mean by not registered ?

robert

Dec 12, 2018
scotland
What motor ? how has it been de restricted , not sure what you mean by not registered ?
Bosch performance line , I think to ride a derestricted bike legally it must be registered.and bike shops are refusing to work on my bike because it’s not legal.

robert

Dec 12, 2018
scotland

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
So it’s not registered as a motor vehicle ?
The de restrictor is probably just the regular plug in device
Just unplug the derestrictor and remove it , bike shop none the wiser and Bosch will warranty it if it’s not too old ? I think most bosch motors have been replaced due to bearing failure from what I hear , it’s the most common problem , if out of warranty bearing man as said above
Removing the motor isn’t difficult to do yourself

Last edited:

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
So it’s not registered as a motor vehicle ?
The de restrictor is probably just the regular plug in device
Just unplug the derestrictor and remove it , bike shop none the wiser and Bosch will warranty it if it’s not too old ? I think most bosch motors have been replaced due to bearing failure from what I hear , it’s the most common problem , if out of warranty bearing man as said above
Removing the motor isn’t difficult to do yourself
Yes indeed, at www.performancelinemotors.com we don't penalise you for having a de-restricted motor, it makes no difference to us. :) (y)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles