Winter glove recommendations please.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I struggle to walk & chew at the same time, let alone moving my fingers while I’m concentrating hahahaha. Gloves for me are more for protection to be honest, not good enough a rider to affect my control, but I’ll try your tip next week, cheers.
That is a silly tip ! Gloves are worn to help grip the grips and the levers when your hands get wet from sweat or rain . Gloveless riders are like rebellious teenagers ?
I use 100% brisker cold weather gloves which have extra padding on the outers to help the wind chill !

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I have the Briskers, they are very good, but do get too warm if the conditions are not super cold or wet IMO. I tend to only use them if its pissing down with rain. They are also a little bit bulkier than I usually like, but that's the trade off for the waterproofing.

My go to glove for winter riding is the Fox Attack Fire glove, keep your hands warm, without loss of feel or flexibility, and are good at keeping out water in all but the worst conditions.

Attack Fire Glove | Fox Racing - UK

I have the Fox attack gloves (none waterproof). They're 6 months old and to their credit, have worn really well, have good feeling, work with a touch screen as they say... but, I tested the knuckle d3o knuckle guards when they arrived and they had zero reactivity and offered no protection. The d3o has reacted further and is now like a solid lump of concrete across your knuckles, so I'd be wary of buying more gloves with d3o armour, though it could have been an unlucky batch.

Isshogai

Dec 19, 2018
Frankfurt
Gore Winter Gloves. Use them for the third season now.

A8462D97-9D2D-4E06-B9AD-004C53AE9DE4.png

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
One tip if you're buying 100% Brisker gloves, don't get the from an Ebay seller called Caroad-Motorparts.
Fucking Chinese scammers under a false UK address, you won't receive the gloves :mad:

Last edited:

9748simonb

Oct 28, 2019
Uk
Hi All,
As per title, what gloves are you using in the winter? Did a few d/h runs this morning and my fingers were bloody freezing by the end of it.
Thanks
Ive just bought some Brisker hydromatics. Warm enough without being too bulky and they are waterproof. These could be the best winter gloves I’ve had to date.

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
@Fingerpuk Nah, it make me feel all fuzzy inside, cause those bastard were posting picture of dusty trail while we were being rained (or snowed depending where you were) on a couple of month back! Sweet sweet revenge...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles