Winter boots

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
Those Leatt look great but a bit too much for me at the moment. Seems you have to spend well over £150 to get anything fully waterproof and with decent grip.

I've picked up a pair of EPS, currently on offer for £40 at Evans which seems a bargain?
they are the low tops though, I'm hoping coupled with my waterproof socks they will see me through for the time being.

I'm also looking at ankle gaiters to give a bit more protection/water resistance around the top.
Does anyone use ankle gaiters and could recommend some?

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Those Leatt look great but a bit too much for me at the moment. Seems you have to spend well over £150 to get anything fully waterproof and with decent grip.

I've picked up a pair of EPS, currently on offer for £40 at Evans which seems a bargain?
they are the low tops though, I'm hoping coupled with my waterproof socks they will see me through for the time being.

I'm also looking at ankle gaiters to give a bit more protection/water resistance around the top.
Does anyone use ankle gaiters and could recommend some?

Everything bike related is through the roof cost wise

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Shimano do some flat pedal winter boots too …

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire

deksawyer

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jan 11, 2020
Fife, Scotland
When it's really stinking, I wear Merrell Thermo Rouge, warm and waterproof with Gore Tex and BOA system.. Too warm sometimes. I generally wear the 5ten/Adidas gtx boots.

IMG20201220001044.jpg

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
These look good too

Those look fantastic. I have 2 slight issues with these ones: Vaude AM Moab Mid STX - Cycling Shoes | Free UK Delivery | Alpinetrek.co.uk..

1) a pain to get on with the laces, (I just leave them undone all the time now)
2) dont come high enough up, I use gaitors as well.

This new version seems to address both issues.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Those look fantastic. I have 2 slight issues with these ones: Vaude AM Moab Mid STX - Cycling Shoes | Free UK Delivery | Alpinetrek.co.uk..

1) a pain to get on with the laces, (I just leave them undone all the time now)
2) dont come high enough up, I use gaitors as well.

This new version seems to address both issues.

Yes there seems to be some decent flat pedal winter boots available now, but at a high cost.

I decided to go for the Ride Concept TNT’s after all, and a new pair of Dexshell socks! I’ll suffer through this winter once more but in the hope that next year the prices will have dropped on all these new styles to a level that’s a bit more realistic and affordable.

My other half suffers more than me with cold wet feet and she’ll be happy with those Northwave Multicross GTX we have on order.

Those Vaudes do look good, as do the Northwave Multicross Plus.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
They do cost, but its worth it. 8 hours with wet feet on an big day out is a pretty miserable experience. Especially if you have a 2nd day planned the next day and can't dry the shoes off overnight.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Just got in on time. I clicked on link Leatt boots to show someone. They are now up to £189 strange I thought.

At least you grabbed a decent discount whilst it was available 👍🏽 they probably put the price up after processing your order and realising their mistake 😀

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
the 5ten/addidas trailcross boots are the best I have ever used and they certainly keep your feet dry. add a pair of waterproof socks and you are sorted.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Too wet today in BCK for cycling . Got a upset stomach and a dose of the Dihihohay . I had a funeral in Newcastle Monday im blaming the water down there. Fireside 🔥 and a soppy American Xmas movie for me.

20231101_163655.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles