Will a fox dpx2 2018 230x60 fit my trek rail 9.8

Dano78

Dec 3, 2019
Uk
Thinking of buying this shock but dont know if it will fit can anyone help please it's for my trek rail 9.8 2020 large thanks

Screenshot_20200923-143133_eBay.jpg

Supernils

Jul 17, 2020
Norway
It fits. 230x60 is not a normal triunion size. Some Tail models have triunion top mount, some not. Just compare the different models at trek.com

magic82

Nov 18, 2020
italy
Fox Dpx2 230x60 on Rail7 without any problem.

View attachment 52824
Hi,
I have a question, i have bought a DHX2 2018 for my trek rail 9 alluminium, but I have a problem to find the bushings kit to mount mount
Fox Dpx2 230x60 on Rail7 without any problem.

View attachment 52824
Hi,
Could you tell me which bushing kit you sed for mount your DPX2? I have bought a DHX2 for my trek rail 9 alluminium and I don't find the bushing kit to mount. My rear shok have a trunnion mount but I know is possible to mount also the standard mount.
Could you help to me?
thanks

coregrind

Dec 16, 2020
BEAVERTON, OREGON USA
I have bought a Fox DHX2 2018 for my trek rail 9 alluminium, I have a question now:

which hardaware kit bushing need?

these parts are OK
• Upper: 10mm x 54mm 803-03-311
• Lower: 10mm x 40mm 803-03-329

Could you help to me?

Thanks
Yes...these are the FOX part numbers for the traditional eyelet type shock mounts that fit the Rail.
If your Rail originally came with the trunnion type shock, you’ll also need these items from Trek:
• upper axle - 599898
• lower axle - 599900

View attachment 53752

Last edited:

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Does anyone know if a DPX2 230x65 will fit on a large Rail 7? I'm picking up my bike tomorrow and was curious if the Backup shock on my Orbea Rallon will fit.

diniwiti

Mar 17, 2021
uk
Not calculated it but I guess at bottom out 165 to 170mm but with the increased ramp up at end of stroke I've never got got the last 3 or 4mm of stroke out of it. Does mean no harsh bottom outs though. If you want to be able to get full use of a 65mm stroke shock i would go coil as its more linear

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
It’s a 700lb spring, I just used the fox spring calculator for my weight which is probably almost twice the size of most lol. 295lbs plus gear

PetrD

Jul 27, 2020
CZ
Coil shock is mostly linear, so what is your feelings under load?
I am afraid about impact on bottom stop after jump.
(Cos I have the same weight)

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Coil shock is mostly linear, so what is your feelings under load?
I am afraid about impact on bottom stop after jump.
(Cos I have the same weight)
If you were asking me, then w/ my shock set at a 65mm stroke on the DHX2 with the spring removed i jumped on the pedals and had no issues w/ fitment. Riding I actually think it feels like I have more support thru the mid stroke than my 230x65mm DPX2 did....but obviously u have more tuning ability on the DHX2. I felt the need to use the lockout on the Dpx2 where I don't find the need at all on the DHX2. It seems like that shouldn't be the case but it is what it is. (Tune on the DPX2 is what came from the factory for my Orbea Rallon, but w/ internal 5mm spacer removed.) By adding 7.5mm of shock stroke I've added ~19mm more travel

Jagtaguar

Aug 28, 2021
Australia
If you were asking me, then w/ my shock set at a 65mm stroke on the DHX2 with the spring removed i jumped on the pedals and had no issues w/ fitment. Riding I actually think it feels like I have more support thru the mid stroke than my 230x65mm DPX2 did....but obviously u have more tuning ability on the DHX2. I felt the need to use the lockout on the Dpx2 where I don't find the need at all on the DHX2. It seems like that shouldn't be the case but it is what it is. (Tune on the DPX2 is what came from the factory for my Orbea Rallon, but w/ internal 5mm spacer removed.) By adding 7.5mm of shock stroke I've added ~19mm more travel
Hey mate - wanted to check in and see how this was still to travelling a few months on - I’m looking at buying either the X2 or the DHX in the 65 but wanted to check it wasn’t causing any hassles before I dropped the coin. Australian prices are gross so want to get it right off the top

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Hey mate - wanted to check in and see how this was still to travelling a few months on - I’m looking at buying either the X2 or the DHX in the 65 but wanted to check it wasn’t causing any hassles before I dropped the coin. Australian prices are gross so want to get it right off the top
Are you on an Aluminum or Carbon Rail? Aluminum fits 65mm Stroke 2021 DHX2 on a large frame....carbon I think only fits 60mm as 65mm will have seat stay clearance issues according to what i've seen others post. It has to be the new version of the shock as it's resi is shorter tp clear downtube. As for performance, it's been nothing short of amazing for me. For the Rocky terrain I love it handles everything I can throw at it and more.

Jagtaguar

Aug 28, 2021
Australia
Are you on an Aluminum or Carbon Rail? Aluminum fits 65mm Stroke 2021 DHX2 on a large frame....carbon I think only fits 60mm as 65mm will have seat stay clearance issues according to what i've seen others post. It has to be the new version of the shock as it's resi is shorter tp clear downtube. As for performance, it's been nothing short of amazing for me. For the Rocky terrain I love it handles everything I can throw at it and more.
Yeh mines the ally rail 9 2021 XL ~ compared to my float X2 on my analog the rockshox is just too harsh. Thanks heaps fir the response too - the increased rear travel will help the 170 front I’m putting on so that’ll be sweet

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles