Wild FS Knock Block Elimination

Zed

Feb 26, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
I came across the Trek Knock Block drama thread, and I did see a couple of people in the posting about their Wild FS's, but I thought it could do with it's own thread.

I just sorted mine, as I hated it from the outset. It moved way off center after a little crash, and I could really see me doing some proper damage in a bigger off.

I just got a Cane Creek 6mm Crown race, pictured below. It just clears the door handle with the fork controls. It lifts the front of the bike there's a really small difference in feel, I guess it's like adding 10mm fork travel - not a biggy. I also Dremel'd off the anchoring block so I'm really glad it worked out I was committed lol :)

1632732158808.jpeg

Zed

Feb 26, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
Thats what the down tube bumpers are for thou surely
My forks dont hit the down tube they have clearance obviously the forks he has have a flatter CSU .
Yeah my forks would hit the bumpers, but full on (Fox 38 Performance). So a serious crash and amount of force would smash the csu through/under the bumpers then into and under the frame, doing all kinds of damage and getting the forks stuck in there. Now they can spin around freely and just rip out the cables like a regular bike :)

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles