Whyte E160 RS range?

Simmo3801

Mar 26, 2022
Midlothian
Completely new to ebikes and picking up my 160rs next Saturday so just wondering what sort of range do they offer distance wise? I know it'll be subject to how much assistance is selected and type of ride, etc so just looking for rough figures in various modes.

Navajo

Jan 25, 2021
Portsmouth, UK
Completely new to ebikes and picking up my 160rs next Saturday so just wondering what sort of range do they offer distance wise? I know it'll be subject to how much assistance is selected and type of ride, etc so just looking for rough figures in various modes.
Range? Depends on lots of parameters. Have a look at this from Bosch, it will give you some idea.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
E160rs rider here ..21miles & 3100ft of climbing in the Cheviot Hills on Friday ..with 2 out of 5 bars still showing at the end of the ride ( although it was well into the second off last ) ..
Perfect weather / dry conditions ..
The same ride towards the back end of last year in freezing cold weather the display was blinking and showing no range left ..so a lot depends on conditions .
I also allow my bike to live in the house in nice dry / warm conditions ..which also helps ..

Simmo3801

Mar 26, 2022
Midlothian
E160rs rider here ..21miles & 3100ft of climbing in the Cheviot Hills on Friday ..with 2 out of 5 bars still showing at the end of the ride ( although it was well into the second off last ) ..
The same ride towards the back end of last year in freezing cold weather the display was blinking and showing no range left ..so a lot depends on conditions .
I also allow my bike to live in the house in nice dry / warm conditions ..which also helps ..
Thanks for the reply. I live in a flat with a secure bike store as part of the block on the ground floor so it will at least be dry. The battery will be in my flat mostly.

philmedomsley

Apr 28, 2020
Durham
What do they ride like one the battery goes flat?😉

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
What do they ride like one the battery goes flat?😉
Mikey ..Phil knows what they ride like when the battery goes flat ..fkn hard work as he experienced me toiling today after 26 miles and 2800 ft of climbing 8miles and a further 600ft of climbing from the start of a Lakeland ride ..
What he is not saying is that he deliberately took us on a scenic short-cut which he knew about that ended up at a padlocked gate with a "private" road sign and barbed wire on the top ..which we had to turn back on 🤯
But yeah ..the downhill bits were still good ..the climbing nearly killed me 😁

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles