Whyte 160 SMX or Specialized levo carbon

evotuning

Dec 12, 2023
Wigan
Hi everyone first post so be gentle, just getting back into bikes after a long long time out

Narrowed my search down to the Whyte 160s Mx and the specialized turbo levo carbon both mullet setups

The Whyte is discounted down to £3700 at winstanlys cycles and the turbo levo £3999 at leasure lakes

Can not decide for the life of me which to get, I have some brand new hope v4s to go on so not bothered about brakes 4k is my absolute limit any help would be appreciated

Bike will be used for light Xc and light tails nothing major

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
I have just brought the levo turbo carbon gen 3 really happy with it ( owned a gen 2 alloy before )
Comes with pretty basic components but for £4000 carbon bike I think it’s still a pretty good deal

evotuning

Dec 12, 2023
Wigan
I have just brought the levo turbo carbon gen 3 really happy with it ( owned a gen 2 alloy before )
Comes with pretty basic components but for £4000 carbon bike I think it’s still a pretty good deal
Yeah cheers I know it's a decent base but I just need my mind changing lol

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Both great for what you want , I’d be cheeky and tell leisure lakes your situation and they might knock the Levo down a tad 😁

Hi everyone first post so be gentle, just getting back into bikes after a long long time out

Narrowed my search down to the Whyte 160s Mx and the specialized turbo levo carbon both mullet setups

The Whyte is discounted down to £3700 at winstanlys cycles and the turbo levo £3999 at leasure lakes

Can not decide for the life of me which to get, I have some brand new hope v4s to go on so not bothered about brakes 4k is my absolute limit any help would be appreciated

Bike will be used for light Xc and light tails nothing major
I have the Gen three carbon camp. It rides excellent, and the dealer backup is great. However, the outstanding feature has been what the TCU. It allows me to do - particularly with micro tune. I’m not sure if White can match that?

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
I am pretty sure the warrany of transferable on the levo but not on the whyte

Might help with selling on should you decide to later down the line

evotuning

Dec 12, 2023
Wigan
Ended up with the white as got It for £3600 as
20231216_145737.jpg
no one local had my size for the Levo, so far very happy with the white feels really good and was a better spec than the Levo apart from the carbon frame. I will keep this a year and see what deals are on next year, thanks for the recommendations

evotuning

Dec 12, 2023
Wigan
@evotuning Thanks for finishing off the thread. :)
Some ask for advice and never tell the Forum what the result was, let alone thank those that took the trouble to give advice.
Tbh I think it's just common courtesy but yes I know you mean, to be honest I will probably need lots of advice anyway and I always find it's better to treat people how you want to be treated.

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
no one local had my size for the Levo, so far very happy with the white feels really good and was a better spec than the Levo apart from the carbon frame. I will keep this a year and see what deals are on next year, thanks for the recommendations
don't forget to register the frame on the whyte website, also the bearings in the rear suspension have a life long warranty for the original owner.

I've got a 160 29er from last year and had no problems in 1000+ miles

I change the grips and seat though
The seat ached my backside after 30mins and the grips wrecked the tendons in my hands.
weirdly I was used to a harder saddle on my gravel bike and obviously on a gravel bike more of your weight is over the front and drop bars aren't exactly padded

Last edited:

Jamescoughlan

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2020
Aberporth
Ended up with the white as got It for £3600 as View attachment 130843 no one local had my size for the Levo, so far very happy with the white feels really good and was a better spec than the Levo apart from the carbon frame. I will keep this a year and see what deals are on next year, thanks for the recommendations
Oooof! Your brakes and gears are on the wrong side, no wonder you got a discount….

I had a similar “dilemma” but went with the Levo because I could pick it up from the store on my way home, secretly I always wanted the Whyte though. Hopefully a mate will get one next year so we can mix it up.

Ended up with the white as got It for £3600 as View attachment 130843 no one local had my size for the Levo, so far very happy with the white feels really good and was a better spec than the Levo apart from the carbon frame. I will keep this a year and see what deals are on next year, thanks for the recommendations
They’re both great bikes and show to being a professional with the sponsor. Just get out there and rip it up and have some fun. Congratulations on your new bike!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles