Why?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2899
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2899

I'm new to all this and at 70 years old probably more suited to cross country than hard core down hill. Having said that I do enjoy the exhilarating feeling of flowing, down hill single track at reasonable speeds. I've noticed that some riders, especially on videos, give a little flick of the front wheel when they are in the middle of a jump. Does this serve any purpose or is it just for show?

Alan

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Welcome ...we do. Need more old farts on here!
Enjoy watching the young guns doing their airborne tricks but realise thar if I tried it there would be an long wait in A&E so discretion is the better part of embarrassment...also I take a lot longer to mend these days,:cry:
Have fun ....I do.

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
welcome to fun land .
I like watching the young guns doing their flicks but realise if I tried it I would just add to the queue in A&E. So discretion is the better part of embarrassment!
Have fun and keep pedalling

dirt huffer

E*POWAH Master
Dec 3, 2018
Minneapolis
It's a little of both. If you're in the air and don't do anything, you become a dead sailor... you lose control of the bike. You have to have someway of maneuvering the bike to land properly, and one way to do that is to flick the front wheel and bring it back. It sounds counter-intuitive, but it actually increases your control of the bike.

Also welcome aboard! ?

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Movement makes you a little more relaxed as mentioned above. Same from the snowboard days, straight-air tricks are harder than spinning. So a little tweak might look like showing off, but is actually to stay composed and relaxed. On my courses I try to explain this away too... Look, I'll tweak but I'm not showing off

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
I’m 90, I get air, big air, I flick, whip, turn down, scrub or whatever else you want to call it. Love the feeling of nose’n it in for landing.
Sometimes it goes wrong, but tend to bend rather than break, and only been to a&e twice. Once for an infected graze, and the other for 2 stitches to the shin.

WHY ?

Cause if you can, you do, and you’ll die one day, so why not ?‍♂️

Style is something one tries to get from a hairdresser. Haven’t been to one in 45 years.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
I’m 90, I get air, big air, I flick, whip, turn down, scrub or whatever else you want to call it. Love the feeling of nose’n it in for landing.
Sometimes it goes wrong, but tend to bend rather than break, and only been to a&e twice. Once for an infected graze, and the other for 2 stitches to the shin.

WHY ?

Cause if you can, you do, and you’ll die one day, so why not ?‍♂️
'effin 90! :eek:
My hero! :love:

But i’m Only as old as the women I feel. Which is 45 ?‍♂️?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles