Why do I have 2 charging leads? Silly question probably..

1981Miked

Jun 14, 2020
Dundee
Evening all,
I got my Trek Rail 7 2020 on Friday evening and have to say I’m loving it. When I was looking through all the gubbins that come with the bike I noticed there were 2 UK 3 prong charging leads to go from power source to Bosch charger. Is it just a spare or is there another reason?

1981Miked

Jun 14, 2020
Dundee
That’s what I thought. I looked at the fitting to make sure it looked the same.. it does so happy days I have a spare. Thanks for the reply.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Although there'll probably be another posting on here on Monday evening from some new Trek owner whose really annoyed that they've just taken delivery of two 2-pin plug leads... :rolleyes:
Actually .. you're a boshy .. do they normally ship with two leads so you have a spare ? surely not ? I remember on a job many years ago we ended up with three tonnes of spare power cables.... madness ..

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Actually .. you're a boshy .. do they normally ship with two leads so you have a spare ? surely not ? I remember on a job many years ago we ended up with three tonnes of spare power cables.... madness ..

Well... we did get two power leads... both two pin... and two chargers... with the two bikes ?

No sign of any spares in the bags. (Just wish they'd have included a couple of spare motor covers, though).

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Is one for charging the battery out of the bike, and one for charging via the bike?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I dont know with Bosch, but the Shimano chargers come with two leads for that reason

1981Miked

Jun 14, 2020
Dundee
Ok, just out tinkering and it has 2 leads going from mains supply to Bosch charger. The cable to charge battery on the bike is attached to the charger. ??‍♂️

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles