Who gives the sub-titles?

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Ok someone please put me out of my misery...I have seen a few references to 'dentist' and all I have managed to formulate is that A: they were a forum member and B: that they may have been a bit of an arse.

I clearly joined the party late so can someone provide an explanation for this ongoing reference to a tooth fixer. Thanks.

it’s just a general mtb term for a wanker with a bling bike and too much money. Normally lacking in skill.

think s-works or top end yeti in the e bike equivalent.

Often transported to the Surrey hills in erm, a transporter

#mitch

🦷 Tooth Fairy 🦷
Aug 23, 2021
New Zealand
Ok someone please put me out of my misery...I have seen a few references to 'dentist' and all I have managed to formulate is that A: they were a forum member and B: that they may have been a bit of an arse.

I clearly joined the party late so can someone provide an explanation for this ongoing reference to a tooth fixer. Thanks.
Ever heard the saying about dentists drive Porsche’s “dentists cars” it comes from there. If you are a dick (like all the pinkbike commenters) then anyone who can afford a nice bike is a dentist especially if you can afford an ebike. Then within the groups it also applies. The DIY people will say it about the normal ebikers, the normal ebikers will say it about the Specialized riders, the specialized riders will say it about the sworks riders and the sworks riders say it about the yeti riders 😂😂😂

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
would love an s-works and t6 kombi to be fair.

Well, quite. But I guess you don't need to be a wanker to own both although it seems many are! Cheers for filling me in, I must admit I don't think I have come across the connection with that certain profession before.

Well, heres one thats worse - all the 'apparent' gear, still wankers, but don't actually have much money. I am talking about the higher end kit car owners. I built a Diablo replica and along with a few other fellow Lambo builders we went to a few kit car shows every year. We had a stand, signage, BBQ the lot. It was a right laugh, none of us ever took ourselves seriously and it was a cardinal sin to EVER insinuate that our cars were the genuine article or indeed that we could ever afford them. We just used to chat with the hoards of people that were interested, let them take photos, sit in the cars, take their kids for a little spin round the campsite etc. I have a picture somewhere of us camping on site in our shitty tents outside the pissers, wearing manky joggers covered in the spills of our builds, empty beer bottles everywhere sitting on poundland lilos as our beds.

The Ferrari replica guys on the other hand....made sure they lived in and strutted around with their Ferrari logoed baseball caps, paddock jackets, driving gloves and sometimes driving boots. They even had Ferrari tea mugs, I shit you not. They had a heart attack if anyone went near their cordoned-off cars and you almost needed an invitation just to get into the boundary of their stand. They really were a different breed. And utter wankers.

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
The Ferrari replica guys on the other hand....made sure they lived in and strutted around with their Ferrari logoed baseball caps, paddock jackets, driving gloves and sometimes driving boots. They even had Ferrari tea mugs, I shit you not. They had a heart attack if anyone went near their cordoned-off cars and you almost needed an invitation just to get into the boundary of their stand. They really were a different breed. And utter wankers.
Dentists for sure 😂

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Dentists is the shortened term, often also referred to as Full Kit Wankers... Skiing is full of them, usually found sitting at the cafe all day...

Every sport/hobby has them...

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
for some saving Grace I would like it known right now that I'm not a Dentist. Though I certainly line their pockets with my crooked gnashers

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Much of the working vocabulary is similar "Open Wide" ...
Based on medical history? Hmmm 🧐
CF03676C-71DC-4DA7-8D0D-4389B396CF9E.gif

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
Dentists for sure 😂

I would have minded less if they were. At least they would have then had the money to match their pompous garish shit. As it stood, their very nicely done car exteriors were miserably let down by being built on shitty Toyota MR2's, complete with wanky 4 pot smoker. At least ours were space framed and all new, therefore obtaining new reg from DVLA and had either 4 litre V8's or 5 litre V12's.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles