Who else is racing the Bosch challenge at Tweedlove next weekend?

ant0

Feb 25, 2021
Aviemore, Scotland
Awesome day, fantastic weather ?, didn't crash (but lots of dabs), great trails.

Finished 42nd in men's advanced and 45th overall (men+women). Happy with that.... just happy to finish in one piece tbh

Stage 1 was a muddy beast of a surprise.
Brown trout stage was awesome
Stage 6 was awesome.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Awesome day, fantastic weather ?, didn't crash (but lots of dabs), great trails.

Finished 42nd in men's advanced and 45th overall (men+women). Happy with that.... just happy to finish in one piece tbh

Stage 1 was a muddy beast of a surprise.
Brown trout stage was awesome
Stage 6 was awesome.
Great day!

sadly I had to leave before I could finish it due to travel commitments - was looking at mid to late 20’s position wise in the stages I completed, which I was happy with riding a bike that I borrowed for the day ?

great trails, some fruity uphill sections!

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
That was brilliant fun.
Anybody see anyone actually clean the no dab on stage one? I’m not sure I’ve no dabbed that trail riding it the right way!
So glad Brown Trout was dry, still had to tripod a couple of bits though. Right at the limit of my comfort zone.
Finished down in 76th in “Advanced” men but happy just not to be dead last.
Need to work on drops and carrying more speed into features.

Best race lunch ever as well.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
That's good going!

Loaned my old bike to a friend for the day but unfortunately the freehub blew up on stage 1- he would have been quick if the bike had stayed together...
Ahh no! Did he have to bail out?

I stalled at the top of the second tech climb and had to push to be able to get back on the bike, they must have given 10 seconds for every step!

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
I stalled at the top of the second tech climb and had to push to be able to get back on the bike, they must have given 10 seconds for every step!

10 second penalty if you missed an orientation point, so If you bailed part way they were kind enough to compound it by totting up all the missed checkpoints.
?

To be honest, I thought the no dab was a bit pointless. Needed to be slighty easier but with a bigger time penalty. Think a better balance would have been for it to doable by maybe half the field.

ant0

Feb 25, 2021
Aviemore, Scotland
PHOTOS ?
Plenty photographers on course during the race but nothing on Roots and Rain website as yet, although plenty photos up of the Enjoyro and Tenduro. Has anyone found photos online yet? Or does Bosch have some sort of control over these for this event?

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
PHOTOS ?
Plenty photographers on course during the race but nothing on Roots and Rain website as yet, although plenty photos up of the Enjoyro and Tenduro. Has anyone found photos online yet? Or does Bosch have some sort of control over these for this event?

Been looking myself. Only ones I’ve seen are from the podiums, nothing of the racing.
Pretty big job getting getting them uploaded, maybe just prioritising the other events first?

Not expecting anything great, but one of me looking semi decent would be nice.

Godders76

Apr 29, 2020
Peak District, uk
Well just found this thread. How did everyone do. I did it, brilliant family event, as in the festival vibe. I did the advanced, no one told me at first that you had to actually put the transponder into the orienteering point, so the first two I just cycled past along with many others in a group. Hay ho. That first uphill stage had the lungs burning and I could taste blood, ebikes hey :)
I was well and truly held up on mild peril by a rider who simply refused to let me pass and told me to F@@@ off!! Nice and friendly. I let a few guys go past me no woirries, but this guy was the ultimate defender and I had no where to go. I tried taking him on a drop off a corner, but it was huge. I ended up getting off the bike to get back on track. Overall it was brilliant fun though, I should of used more battery as I had 3 bars left in the end on the shimano ep8 630w setup.

ant0

Feb 25, 2021
Aviemore, Scotland
I really enjoyed it too. I knew to plug into the orientation points and did every one, but one didn't register on the system for some reason and for a penalty anyway ?‍♂️

I passed a number of people and they were all friendly and pleasant and got out the way before I even had to shout 'rider'. And I was very conscious to listen for anyone wanting to pass me. Sounds like you came across the one and only ar$h0le of the day ??‍♂️. Simply no need for that nonsense when you were obviously faster than him to have caught him up and it's meant to be a friendly event.

Roll on next year's event ?

Godders76

Apr 29, 2020
Peak District, uk
I clocked rob rides too, was just about to come over when my two year old daughter decided the pump track on her balance bike was more appealing than talking to you rob :ROFLMAO::eek: Sorry Rob, would of loved to of said hi.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles