Who else is racing the Bosch challenge at Tweedlove next weekend?

ant0

Feb 25, 2021
Aviemore, Scotland
It'll be my first race of any kind in over a decade (now 51) and looking forward to it. As others have said, it may be 'called' the Bosch Emtb Challenge but there is timing and there is a podium, so it's a race ?

Heading down with my wife and neighbors and another friend. Just me and one of the neighbors racing.

So, anyone here racing?

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
I did the first one and it was an excellent event - hopefully you get good weather. The uphill stages made it really challenging. Have fun.

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
Doing the event but definitely not “racing”. I’m just hoping to get round without running out of battery.

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
Later start than I expected. Could have driven down in morning after all. Now I need to resist temptation of one more drink the night before.

ant0

Feb 25, 2021
Aviemore, Scotland
Later start than I expected. Could have driven down in morning after all. Now I need to resist temptation of one more drink the night before.
Yeah that surprised me too, it originally said 9am start but now not even rider briefing till 11. Although now I can have a long lie and relaxed breakfast in the hotel ?

Part timer

Mar 6, 2021
The valley
I’m in, looking forward to something a bit different. Using it partly as a warm up for EWS-E50 in a couple of weeks.

Very excited to see the legend that is Gary showing us how it’s done..

Part timer

Mar 6, 2021
The valley
Advanced here too. Stage 4 (if I’m right) is a great and really tricky wee trail. The rest are good too but I can’t work out which are going to be climb stages- I feel there’s something devious to throw us off!
And a very very quick local is racing on my old bike, certainly a podium contender..

ant0

Feb 25, 2021
Aviemore, Scotland
Advanced here too. Stage 4 (if I’m right) is a great and really tricky wee trail. The rest are good too but I can’t work out which are going to be climb stages- I feel there’s something devious to throw us off!
And a very very quick local is racing on my old bike, certainly a podium contender..
Hmmm I've not seen any course map yet, have you got inside knowledge or have I missed an email from the organisers ?

ant0

Feb 25, 2021
Aviemore, Scotland
Statutory trail closure map gets put up a week in advance at the forest entrance
Ah, the benefits of being local ?

Feel free to share your findings here in great detail if you wish ?

I've not ridden tweed valley for a couple of decades, so it'll all be new to me.

PS, are all three races on the same day? Bosch, Tenduro and Introduro?

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
Clubby from mcretro? Dave here, used to work with Velo- I think we have ridden together at some point?

Aye that’s me. You Dave DH?

So what do you reckon the trail mix will be? Ok, round most of Glentress but the spicier natural stuff at the limit of my comfort zone. Last time I rode Mast of Zorro I had to mince round the open exposed turns at the top.

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
Organisers must have heard about my skill level and put me off very near the end! Less places for me to lose I suppose.
Mate off an hour ahead of me, may try to get a closer start time. I’m a bit quicker than him but no way I’m making back an hour, plus a bit crap hanging about by myself for an extra hour. Hopefully the weather’s decent.

ant0

Feb 25, 2021
Aviemore, Scotland
Organisers must have heard about my skill level and put me off very near the end! Less places for me to lose I suppose.
Mate off an hour ahead of me, may try to get a closer start time. I’m a bit quicker than him but no way I’m making back an hour, plus a bit crap hanging about by myself for an extra hour. Hopefully the weather’s decent.
I'm a 12.02 race start

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
am making a vid for the event, and would like to include riders bikes, kind of like a little bike check. If anyone is up for it?

Part timer

Mar 6, 2021
The valley
Yup, I’m about 12 I think-start times are flexible up to a point according to the rider notes and the folks I’m riding with are a bit earlier so I might be away with them.
Will be in a group of four, two old guys on dark blue e-sommets a younger guy on a black orange e-sommet and another guy that I don’t know..

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
Must be tough for organiser, everyone wants off early. Mate had entered after me and is also doing shorter course so difficult for them to tie us up.

I’d be happy to get off 15 mins before him so we could meet up at start of stage 2. See what they say tomorrow.

I’ll be on a dark blue Whyte with destickered forks.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles