Whinstanley selling cheap mondraker

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Evening all I've just found whinstanley selling mondraker chasers with bosch motor 625 battery for £2645 crap fork but at that price yiu can upgrade its a bargain ? Thought I'd pass it on 😁

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
The industry is in trouble 😔 but tbh it just shows how much margin they were making ? I think fox 36 160mm for under £400 a set of formula cura 4 brakes £300 and a set if tyres its a great bike ?

Jamescoughlan

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2020
Aberporth
Did anyone buy one? There's no reviews anywhere for this bike and I'm thinking of getting one on the never-never for my wife.

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
Evening all I've just found whinstanley selling mondraker chasers with bosch motor 625 battery for £2645 crap fork but at that price yiu can upgrade its a bargain ? Thought I'd pass it on 😁
Isn't that quite old stock? The 625 isn't the bosch smart system but the one before it.

TommyC

Jul 7, 2022
Hampshire
Isn't that quite old stock? The 625 isn't the bosch smart system but the one before it.
You can get a 625 smart system battery.

Winstanley’s have it listed as having the purion controller, which is the old system, but other websites list in as having the smart system. Some with kiox 300/led remote and some with system controller/mini remote? The one thing similar on all the websites I checked is that they all lack any pictures showing the controller!

Jamescoughlan

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2020
Aberporth
But no one seems to have bought one! 😁
I’ve pressed the button so let’s see.

For the money I’m happy with a Purion controller and the geometry is modern enough. My 2019 Rail is still a great mountain bike so this Mondraker will work fine.

TommyC

Jul 7, 2022
Hampshire
I’ve no experience of the old gen4 system but as I understand it the motors are exactly the same. The smart system is all about the controllers and batteries. After 2 years of ownership I’ve come to the conclusion less is more. I don’t really use any of the ‘smart’ features. Removed my kiox and connect module. All a bit of a gimmick really.

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
You can get a 625 smart system battery.

Winstanley’s have it listed as having the purion controller, which is the old system, but other websites list in as having the smart system. Some with kiox 300/led remote and some with system controller/mini remote? The one thing similar on all the websites I checked is that they all lack any pictures showing the controller!

Everything I've read says the 625 isn't compatible with the smart system.
They do sell new bikes in size small with the old system because the 750 doesn't fit, so they're on the old system despite being new.

mcboab

Aug 2, 2022
NE UK
I would be wary of a whinstanley purchase and would want evidence that it has warranty support, as I once bought a rockshok pike fork from them that wasn’t able to have any SRAM support for as it wasn’t from authorised for sale stock (had serial number scratched off) even though it was claimed as new at point of sale.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles