Which navigation do you use?

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Per title, how do you plan your routes? I tried different apps but somehow got best results with RideWithGPS and exporting the route to Komoot, then have my phone in my top tube bag. It's not very convenient, but what else is there besides mem

A lot of great experience shared in this 3ad.

I am relying on a Garmin Edge 1030 as device on the bike.
To prepare the routes I used in the past RideWithGPS, pretty good option at a decent price. I could even download directly the route in my Garmin Edge using the dedicated app.
If I don't want to plan by myself I use a local Czech Republic website: www.cykloserver.cz. I take the gpx file after researching something of my interest and then import in Komoot. Komoot routes can be used offline again on my Garmin.

As a next step I am planning to subscribe to Outdoor Active and give it a try there to find already mapped routes.
I use memory map on pc and on phone. I struggle following routes on trailforks etc . I think I'm just not prepared to take the time to master these apps to be honest.

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
I use Ordnance Survey trail 2 bike. (I'm in the UK).
It's actually made in Spain by 'TwoNav'.

It's a little bit of a faff to set up initially because there's two accounts to activate (OS and TwoNav) but once that's done it's great.

Before buying it I looked at everything available. Most of the devices were just too small to see properly, and had very little detail. The only other option would have been the biggest Garmin with the OS maps software installed, but it's nearly three times the price for no more functionality.

I also have a Garmin watch, but I more use that for fitness data.

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
I use memory map on pc and on phone. I struggle following routes on trailforks etc . I think I'm just not prepared to take the time to master these apps to be honest.
I have a Garmin 530 and link it to Komoot. It works really well.
They have a holiday sale on at the moment. The 530 is £179. link here)

sipadan

Sep 7, 2022
Los Angeles
Apple watch with the WorkOutdoors app works great for me. You can upload GPX files to the mobile app which syncs with the watch and the maps work offline

Mysfit

Sep 28, 2022
France
I use Garmin Fenix 6x pro (Komoot to find or define traces) and Garmin Dakota 20
I am looking at Garmin Edge 830 or Twonav Terra ....
If any riders use Twonav feedback would be appreciated

Last edited:

Bladerr900

May 24, 2022
Sydney NSW Australia
Per title, how do you plan your routes? I tried different apps but somehow got best results with RideWithGPS and exporting the route to Komoot, then have my phone in my top tube bag. It's not very convenient, but what else is there besides expensive Garmin.
wahoo element has routes you can export from Kamoot I think

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles