Where to buy spare motor?

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
I'm after a spare E7000 motor, but can't find any for sale online.

I spoke to my local Shimano center, and they said they could only sell me one if they also fitted it to the bike. Shimano's rules apparently (although not sure I quite believe that...)

Anyone know where I could get one?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
There seem to be a few pop up on the various ebays now and then ..

I think I'd be tempted to get an e8000 if I was buying a spare - and could find one !

Like :

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
Thanks, there are some E8000 available from Germany. I am tempted to upgrade.

The E7000 power seems fine for what I use it for, and think it is meant to be better with the battery life and noise?

Knowing me, I'm going to get the upgrade now.

I'm guessing there wouldn't be any chance of getting warranty with a motor from ebay, even if new?

raymal

Dec 18, 2020
Southampton
Thanks, there are some E8000 available from Germany. I am tempted to upgrade.

The E7000 power seems fine for what I use it for, and think it is meant to be better with the battery life and noise?

Knowing me, I'm going to get the upgrade now.

I'm guessing there wouldn't be any chance of getting warranty with a motor from ebay, even if new?
If you go down the ebay route (or any that involve purchase from the continent come to that), just be aware of the potentially high import taxes that could be applied to those currently advertised from Germany - might make the price somewhat less than attractive

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
If you go down the ebay route (or any that involve purchase from the continent come to that), just be aware of the potentially high import taxes that could be applied to those currently advertised from Germany - might make the price somewhat less than attractive
Thanks. It was on my mind. Looks like I'll end up paying an additional 22%, although that still makes it the same price as an E7000 from my LBS.

I'm glad I got my spare battery bought last year from Europe

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles