Where to buy from? Local Shop, online?

Wilford Matt

Nov 10, 2021
Nottingham
Hi I'm Matt.
I've found a lot of what I was looking for, after joining and using the search function.
However I could do with assistance on this.
The time has come to start to look at buying an emtb.
From what I understand the general opinion was/is to buy local for the support that can be gained via the shop ie: warranty etc, as well a supporting your local shop. I live south of Nottingham city centre - about 15 mins.
My local shop I use and have now built trust in, is a Commencal dealer.
The other shops in Nottingham are Pure Cycles - think a national? Evans Cycles aka Sports Direct and Rutland Cycles.
Can anyone either advise, give an opinion on where to buy or any thoughts on a shop in Nottingham?
I ride Peaks and occasionally Cannock if that broadens horizons.
Thanks in advance

Ogofmole

Oct 30, 2021
Wales, UK
I always support buying local, I suspect that all these dealers you have listed will sell different makes, so that will probably limit your search after you have found what make model you are after.

Aikone

May 28, 2021
UK
15 mins south of Nottingham probably puts you somewhere near Glenn at Pedal Power Loughborough too.

Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark
I also like to support the local dealer - but...

In my area they don't care about the eMTB scene - and often I find just 1 or 2 eMTBs hidden in the corners.
Mostly older models at some noncompetitive price.

I there often end up buy on-line - especially spare parts.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
buying from a LBS is your best bet but it does not have be that local if you are prepared to travel a little. Start by deciding what bike you like and then see what dealers for that brand are within a 50 miles radius. .....ie within a distance feasible to get to and back in half a day...preferably less. That is still better than having to keep a big cardboard box somewhere and having to ship your bike if something goes wrong and having to rely on phone and email for customer service.

Wilford Matt

Nov 10, 2021
Nottingham
buying from a LBS is your best bet but it does not have be that local if you are prepared to travel a little. Start by deciding what bike you like and then see what dealers for that brand are within a 50 miles radius. .....ie within a distance feasible to get to and back in half a day...preferably less. That is still better than having to keep a big cardboard box somewhere and having to ship your bike if something goes wrong and having to rely on phone and email for customer service.
That's my gut feeling and ties in with what I've read, watched and my experience.
LBS, especially if you know them or at the least have a rapport with them, tends to win hands down, I think.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles