• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Where can I charge my battery?

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I’d be interested to know what the situation is these days regarding charging ebike batteries in pubs / restaurants. I could enjoy a nice meal and pint and get an extra power bar on my battery at the same time. Any advice before I go scoping out some plug sockets In odd places? ??‍♂️

Flatslide

E*POWAH Master
Jul 14, 2019
Dunedin NZ
With any establishment, you could call ahead and ask about the possibility of using their socket. I'd imagine most places would be willing if you were making a purchase. I'd add that possibly they might require your charger has a tag to validate it's electrical safety.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Loads of places allow it. I read somewhere that a full charge of a 500wh battery only costs 15 cents or something. so if they are worried about you using their power, you can find what the actual figure is and quote it.
When I did my Transalp tour we nearly always topped out batteries up during our lunch break. Lots of places in Germany / Austria / Italy have dedicated ebike charging ports.

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
I’d be interested to know what the situation is these days regarding charging ebike batteries in pubs / restaurants. I could enjoy a nice meal and pint and get an extra power bar on my battery at the same time. Any advice before I go scoping out some plug sockets In odd places? ??‍♂️
I would just ask nicely while ordering food and a drink unlikely they will day no TBH. If they do go elsewhere :)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I would just ask nicely while ordering food and a drink unlikely they will day no TBH. If they do go elsewhere :)

On their weekly rideout, the beekeeper family start to discretely unpack for lunch outside their local pub.

beekeeper.jpg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Have a look at your last electricity bill and it will tell you how much per unit they are charging. A "unit" is one KWhr, or 1000Whr. Your bike is half that. So from empty to full will be about 7 pence.

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
So many places are used to people sitting there for hours with their laptops plugged in. Those sorts of places wouldn't bat an eyelid at you charging your battery.

If I'm doing a long distance NCR route in the UK my most reliable charge-up spot is Costa - They have sockets *everywhere* in their cafes. I'll happily detour off the route, for a mile or two, to pop in to a town to eat panini and charge up at one of their establishments.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles