Whats difference between Focus jam2 and thron? Emtb

andrew110

Apr 25, 2021
samoa
Hello all I used to be a serious mountain biker about 10 years ago but decided to get back into it and buy an E mountain bike with a budget of around £5,000

I whittled it down to the cube hybrid stereo team, or Focus jam 2021 and the focus Thron

I cant work out of the differences between the two Focus bikes can anybody advise me?

And which is the best bike for money. I like single track, gnarly down hills in the dales and cruising along canal in the UK.
Sarkari job

Last edited:

tomato paste

Mar 18, 2019
Germany
Thron: 130mm travel, 66.8 head tube angle.
Jam: 150mm travel, 66.0 head tube angle.

I think the Thron is geared more towards non-downhill, non-chunk related riding. If you are interested in downhill chunk riding the Thron may not be a top choice.

We have a Thron2 EQP 6.7 and it's definitely not a downhill bike. But its a great compromise if you want to do everything, but nothing particularly well: cargo, commute, night, rain, off-road, light trail.

Why have you decided on these two bikes in particular?

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Thron: 130mm travel, 66.8 head tube angle.
Jam: 150mm travel, 66.0 head tube angle.

I think the Thron is geared more towards non-downhill, non-chunk related riding. If you are interested in downhill chunk riding the Thron may not be a top choice.

We have a Thron2 EQP 6.7 and it's definitely not a downhill bike. But its a great compromise if you want to do everything, but nothing particularly well: cargo, commute, night, rain, off-road, light trail.

Why have you decided on these two bikes in particular?

Agreed! I have the Jam2 and my missus has the Thron2 6.7EQP. A mate of mine took delivery of his Thron2 6.8 this week (he's not a big downhill fan). The Thron2 is a very, very capable bike but is a little more upright than the Jam2 and more intended for putting in the scenic miles.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles