Focus THRON² 6.9 2022

Howie145

May 13, 2020
Australia
This is the Focus au webpage for the 6.9, specs across countries may be different.

russellb

Jan 21, 2022
Central Coast
Pretty disappointed, Focus have started listing the 2022 Thron2 lineup on the AU website and seems anyone wanting a Small frame is out of luck and delegated to the lowest spec 6.7. Their no longer listing the higher spec 6.8 and 6.9 in a small frame.

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
Pretty disappointed, Focus have started listing the 2022 Thron2 lineup on the AU website and seems anyone wanting a Small frame is out of luck and delegated to the lowest spec 6.7. Their no longer listing the higher spec 6.8 and 6.9 in a small frame.
That's a disappointment for sure. Lack of Small bikes seems to be becoming common. I see Norco don't even offer Small across their whole range.

Howie145

May 13, 2020
Australia
I agree....mind you my interactions with the Australian Focus distributer weren't that productive when the published specs info (more accurately the choice not to publish the specs on the Australian model at that time) was different from that available on Focus international website. I found Focus international very helpful. Hence my 2 year path of upgrades....dropper post, swapping wheels, front forks and 3 different saddles!

Slow as

Mar 11, 2021
Australia
Is the small frame using the new 750 battery? Nice bikes, and I nearly bought the thron last year, but the 2022 6.9 is pretty pricey @ $9200 aud for a 130mm travel bike

russellb

Jan 21, 2022
Central Coast
Is the small frame using the new 750 battery? Nice bikes, and I nearly bought the thron last year, but the 2022 6.9 is pretty pricey @ $9200 aud for a 130mm travel bike

I think that's part of the problem why Focus are ignoring the small frame stock and dealers are only getting a few Small frames in the low spec 6.7 with Purion display.

The new Bosch smart system only comes with the new bigger 750 battery and Kiok 300 display / controller and only fits in Medium and above frames. Looks to me like their focusing on the new 750 battery system and ignoring the small frame as a lower priority which only fits the old 625 battery.

The issue I have is that internationally they do show higher spec 6.8 and 6.9 Thron2 small frame that has 625 battery, better components and the better Kiok display, but AU dealers seem only to be getting the low spec 6.7.

Guess I'll just vote with my money and look for another brand bike, pitty as the Thron2 seems made for the type of riding I do. More relaxed riding and easy trails etc but still a bit of off road. Thron2 seemed perfect still with full suspension and off road but comes with rear rack, mud guards etc.

russellb

Jan 21, 2022
Central Coast
Got the Focus Thron2 6.9 medium after a 6 month order wait. Day 1 dead on arrival. New Bosch Smart system throwing errors, bike back at dealer being looked at.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I feel for you and really hope you get this sorted ASAP. It's probably just a faulty kiox or switch unit, worse case, the motor. Whatever it is, they can swap it out and get it working. You're not doing yourself any favours keeping on posting the same thing when you don't have anymore information. It worked, it doesn't, it's at the shop, it will work again.

1664453895099.png

I also wouldn't listen to Shockwave, he's more known for trolling and saying anything to create drama.

Yes, it's frustrating .. but keep posting the same/similar/variants on the same thing here won't magically fix it, you'll just be pissing yourself off.

1664453986594.png

The bike may have been completely fine and just has a damaged cable from transporting - which can be hard to locate, especially based on your description that it works sometimes and not others. I've had similar on a shimano and it was just the cable pulling tight.

Fingers crossed you get it back working soon.

kla456

Mar 8, 2020
Dundee
Hello Russellb,
Did you get an explanation of the issue?
I have an intermittent issue with the same bike and I'm checking the battery connections and battery lock-in system. I removed the bottom connector - no loose cables but the centre piece socket part which carries the battery weight is kinda loose - but that shouldn't be a connection issue because its carrying the battery weight - but it might cause a power connection issue at the top connector. Also found lots of crud in there to be cleaned out - but there is a drainage channel. The heavy battery is awkwardly fitted under the down tube and has a two-stage battery lock-in system. Its this lock-in-place fitting that I'm look at next for a possible electrical connection issues.
I will be buying a gaiter for the lower part of the battery to avoid crud getting in.

russellb

Jan 21, 2022
Central Coast
No never found out what the issue was. Ike dealer basically said they nor Bosch could workout the issue after replacing the battery then replacing the motor still was not working.

Luckily the dealer was able to source another new bike so they just replaced the bike under warranty.

It’s not a nice feeling paying that much money and on day 1 they start pulling it apart and replacing things.

Glad they ended up replacing the bike and so far it’s been running fine. Great bike to ride.

kla456

Mar 8, 2020
Dundee
Its my second bike for cruising with the family - panniers, etc.
I'm 1.7m and use the dropper to get off and on.
On the other hand, the reach is quite short compared to the medium Levo SL (also need the dropper to get off and on!)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles