What to do?

Rubberlegs

Jan 3, 2021
Hove
Hi, I’ve been riding mountain bikes in the Surrey Hills for 27 years now and the hills are taking their strain on my aging body. Currently on a 27.5 Cotic BFe as I trash light bikes screaming down singletrack and technical descents. I’m looking to purchase an emtb in the next couple of months so I can cycle more without a long recovery. Wish me luck!

Rubberlegs

Jan 3, 2021
Hove
Thanks for the feedback. I had a regular full sus 29er a few years ago and the thing was fast! Always felt I’d get to a disaster quicker so went back to 26” which I found much more fun and flickable. It’s not all about straight line speed and I do like singletrack. Now, availability notwithstanding, I’m leaning towards a mullet set up or 27.5 both ends. Research, research...

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Do your research, do your test rides (even if they are only 100 yards on a briefly borrowed bike trailside). Research and test rides are an essential step in buying an expensive bike.
But you may end up with little choice, due to the current shortages, or having to wait for six months to get the bike you want.

But then again, because of the research you will have done, you will be able to commit with confidence when you stumble upon a bike that you hadn't considered. :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles