What to do next?

dathers

May 6, 2019
Cumbria
Hi folks, I'm an old Newbie, bought a 2nd hand e-mtb at the end of March just having turned 60!.
Until then never been on a MTB let alone an e bike. Anyway I'm bitten, I love it, I live in Cumbria so the trails here are great. I need help though, I want a new bike (my wife wants my old bike), can anyone explain the major difference between the vitus e sommet and the e sommet VR. Apart from the £1k difference in cost I'm not sure I'd really know or appreciate the differences between but the VR is sold out until December and I don't want to wait that long, but would I regret going for the lower spec in the long term. - Hope this makes sense. Cheers Dave

Jaygam

Feb 14, 2019
Hampshire
From memmory there are a few differences mainly the motor and suspension is probably where most that money goes but depending on how you use it, you may not notice the difference if it's just casual light duty riding.

dathers

May 6, 2019
Cumbria
cheers, just seen the vr is back in stock, think I'm going to go down that rout, probably the bike will be too good for me, but hey u live once, thanks for the reply

Jaygam

Feb 14, 2019
Hampshire
cheers, just seen the vr is back in stock, think I'm going to go down that rout, probably the bike will be too good for me, but hey u live once, thanks for the reply
The vr is definatly the better bike and will most likely be more forgiving to ride. Very much doubt it will leave u wanting for more. Sure you will enyoy wichever you choose.

zegroeg

May 2, 2019
Colliers Wood
You probably don't want to hear this now that you'be bought it, but you may want to do some research between the Shimano steps 7000 motor found on the standard e-sommet compared with the 8000 on the VR.
I chose to go with the standard e-sommet, partially for the motor, but I am also using the spare £1000 on a second battery, a better, comfier saddle and other odds and sods. If money isn't an issue then you'll be good to get those regardless, but do have a watch of the reviews of the two motors.

dathers

May 6, 2019
Cumbria
You probably don't want to hear this now that you'be bought it, but you may want to do some research between the Shimano steps 7000 motor found on the standard e-sommet compared with the 8000 on the VR.
I chose to go with the standard e-sommet, partially for the motor, but I am also using the spare £1000 on a second battery, a better, comfier saddle and other odds and sods. If money isn't an issue then you'll be good to get those regardless, but do have a watch of the reviews of the two motors.
Thanks I did see the review of the 7000 v 8000, interesting to say the least. As I said, not sure I'd be capable of getting the best out of either bike, and I was teetering toward the sommet, but then the vr came back in stock, and I just couldn't resit and I know at 60 years old I should know better but hey how many more bikes am I going to buy.
Cheers D

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles