• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered What should i choose between SRAM Pg 1210 and Pg 1230 ?

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
I want to change my SX pg1210 12 speeds sram cassette and i don't know if it's ok to buy the same cassette or NX PG1230. I know just i need a heavy duty cassette for my ebike, it doesn't matter the weight. My SX was good for almost 8000km touring mtb but with the new chain X01, the 4 smalest gears skips sometimes when i pedal hard. So what's your advice and what's the difference between pg1210 and pg1230 ? Please help me with your advice. Thank you for your help !

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
The Sram Eagle range are all interchangeable and I agree with change of cassette, I am using the the NX cassette for the 1st time to see how it works out as really cheap. My setup is GX AXS, NX Cassette, XX1 Chain only setup since last week and just done over 20 miles so far really happy but best to check in about 250 miles.

Reactions: Flo

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
The Sram Eagle range are all interchangeable and I agree with change of cassette, I am using the the NX cassette for the 1st time to see how it works out as really cheap. My setup is GX AXS, NX Cassette, XX1 Chain only setup since last week and just done over 20 miles so far really happy but best to check in about 250 miles.

I purchase Gx Axs to and i want to change the cassette. Should i change the chain ring ? I don't know what's the difference between Sx and NX cassettes.I know just that i need a heavy duty cassette, no matter his weight .

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
If your chainring has done 8000km, then I would definitely change it. The SX cassette is all steel, the NX has some aluminium sprockets. For touring use, where weight is not an issue and you just want the best component life, I would probably just stick with SX.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
SX and NX Eagle cassettes are very similar, I dont know any particular difference other than NX being about 15 grams lighter and cost a bit more, both are all steel and both have Shimano HG freehub body. Get whichever you can find on stock ...

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Are you sure there is so much difference in weight? Have you weighted both?
Because according to specifications PG-1210 is 630g and PG-1230 is 615g ...

daytrader

May 30, 2021
Tirol
Are you sure there is so much difference in weight? Have you weighted both?
Because according to specifications PG-1210 is 630g and PG-1230 is 615g ...

yes 😎

1AF9A851-C8A2-48BE-8963-FD19D709CFBC.jpeg

8F95E111-6ABE-4059-9AFB-CF6E9B69273A.jpeg

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
Some new impressions about pg 1230 casette , please ? Vs 1210, of course. Thank you very much !

johnnystorm

Jun 19, 2023
Suffolk, UK
I've only experience of NX Eagle cassettes but if you're only interested in SX/NX level components and an HG freehub I'd also keep a look out for deals on Sunrace cassettes. It's sounds like you're wearing the higher gears more so an alloy granny gear wouldn't be an issue.

Reactions: Flo

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles