What next

Apr 21, 2023
Hull
After the initial purchase of the bike whate else do I need,
Is there specific lubes cleaners etc or can I use the same stuff from a Normal bike like the cleaning stuff etc

RiderOnTheStorm

Before your first ride, I'd suggest getting a multi-tool or torque wrench set and check for any loose bolts. Also you'll need a proper bike pump with a pressure gauge and check your tyre pressure. Also want to lube your chain (Nigrin e-bike chain oil has worked well for me). And a few drops of stanchion oil for your fork, rear shock and seat post is also recommended.

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
Check your physical and mental health, choose the place to ride, then: ride, rest, repeat... is all you'll need to do for the first few monthes. All the answers will come within this process :)

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Well when I get a new bike the very first few rides I set the suspension up to my liking. Rebound, compression, bottom out, spring rate, sag..... I have datum tracks that I test all those things out and adjust to suit.

RiderOnTheStorm

Another thing to do before your first ride is to property adjust your saddle height. Many YT videos show how to. A comfortable sitting position is very important especially on longer rides.

Professional bike shops would generally fit the bike to your body morphology, and properly adjust saddle height and tilt, handlebars height and reach, brake levers angle, suspension sag and rebound damping for example. You can have this done professionally or learn how to do it yourself (not that difficult..)

Remember that bike fitting is a must do before your first ride.

RiderOnTheStorm

Yep there is a little preparation to get your new eMTB ready before the first ride. But you'll find it rewarding as your ride will be much more enjoyable and hopefully trouble free :)

One other thing to add to the list is to properly bed in your new brake pads especially if you'll be hitting mountain or downhill trails. You want to make sure your brakes give you their best performance. It's also a safety thing of course.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles