What I want to buy for my eMTB

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
I want mini-toolbox that would fit where bottle goes. I ride with hydration pack on my back... I would like my hard-tools on the frame of the bike... right here:
IMG_7559.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I want mini-toolbox that would fit where bottle goes. I ride with hydration pack on my back... I would like my hard-tools on the frame of the bike... right here:
View attachment 57451
You can get the water bottles cases, they have a screw off top and you can stick your stuff in. Also, the water bottle cases with a zip round the edge where you can do the same - more accessible but less water/mud proof.

like this :

You can also get a twin bottle cage mount to mount them side by side, so one for tools and one for water.

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
You can get the water bottles cases, they have a screw off top and you can stick your stuff in. Also, the water bottle cases with a zip round the edge where you can do the same - more accessible but less water/mud proof.

like this :

You can also get a twin bottle cage mount to mount them side by side, so one for tools and one for water.

Very cool, thanks ZF for the reference!

Sherman

May 9, 2018
3rd Rock
I really don't neee anything for my emtb, but wireless shifting and dropper would be cool.

Instead I need something for riding:
- a new gps unit to replace a broken one, maybe Garmin 520plus/530
- what I really, really want and need are trousers for a tall rider at 6'3". Been looking for years with no luck and probably never will.

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Current wants are a 27.5 rear wheel and some 160mm forks (maybe lyrik ult.) so I can send my current forks for servicing/upgrades.
Maybe AXS sometime in the distant future.
I keep thinking about some Magura calipers too with all the talk on the forum :rolleyes:

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
When I was HK I spied a shirt I fancied. I asked the sales person to show me the ones with 44” chest. They looked great and bought a couple only problem was the cuffs where half way up my forearm and I was on trend exposing my belly button. ?. I really should have tried them on first. ??‍♂️

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Some new tools ...

@steve_sordy I can't find the original thread where we said about fixing ratchets .. but as some Muppet just managed to do some double destruction (extreme abuse of equipment) and broke their's I thought I'd take it apart and take a picture for you !

This is the bit where normally one or both pawl's ?!? just end up moving/dropping out of position. You just put them back in again and viola - it works. Takes 2 minutes.

ratchet1.jpg

As you can see, mine is now a free turning variety as I sheared the head - that bit shouldn't turn on it's own :) :

(and yes, I know, don't use torque wrenches to undo things .. this one was already relegated to none torque wrench use .. and now it's a little hammer - a little hammer that should click when you've boshed things with the correct force ! :) )

Ratchet2.jpg

Amazingly, I was on a roll and then sheared an adaptor ... :)

bit adapter.jpg

Last edited:

CBSTD

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2020
thoK0north
Some new tools ...

@steve_sordy I can't find the original thread where we said about fixing ratchets .. but as some Muppet just managed to do some double destruction (extreme abuse of equipment) and broke their's I thought I'd take it apart and take a picture for you !

This is the bit where normally one or both pawl's ?!? just end up moving/dropping out of position. You just put them back in again and viola - it works. Takes 2 minutes.

View attachment 57657

As you can see, mine is now a free turning variety as I sheared the head - that bit shouldn't turn on it's own :) :

(and yes, I know, don't use torque wrenches to undo things .. this one was already relegated to none torque wrench use .. and now it's a little hammer)

View attachment 57658

Amazingly, I was on a roll and then sheared an adaptor ... :)

View attachment 57659
Did you have porridge this morning ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
No. How do YOU define fat?
Visual images can help :

fat.jpg

That was actually difficult getting a story link .. they were all blocked .. apparently the American's don't want anyone else seeing them .... :)

Not the story from the picture .. but the same story ?!! if you know what I mean .. or don't .. lets not get into wiki links for story ..

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Riding a bike *8.5 miles a day leads you closer to God.

Who knew? :unsure:

*about a third of my daily commute. Imna have to buy a bus pass init

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles