What grips and saddle do you run?

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
I recently picked up some fabric grips and swapped them out for the stock cube ones that come with the bike.

Went out last night but I'm finding that they feel thinner in diameter than the cube grips which I'm not so keen on.

I think I'd prefer a chunkier grip.
So what do people use and recommend?

Also the stock saddle is pretty firm. I took some Allen keys with me and messed around with it's position which has helped but a comfier saddle is next on the list.

Whats a comfortable saddle, I have 90mm apart sit bones so on the narrower side.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
WTB Volt saddle - comfiest saddle I’ve had, won’t necessarily be for everyone though

Bergtec Bartender Pro soft grips - simple but feels great in the hand (the soft ones, not standard, they’re too firm)

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
WTB saddles and ODI grips, the ODI grips are now abailable at aliexpress ;)

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
wtb silverado--long and flat, plenty of room to move around
if i ever need another thinking about ergon enduro

RiderOnTheStorm

Over the years I've tried countless brands and models of grips and saddles. Your choice should mainly be based on your type of riding (enduro or DH saddles differ from trails/XC saddles), your body and fitness level, and any personal preferences or constraints you may have.

My favorite grips are the Rogue from ODI. The rubber grip material is sticky and thick with some deep grooves. Definitely designed to fit bigger hands better. @Hattori-Hanzo these would qualify as chunky grips in my opinion!

They come with nice anodized aluminum rings. When tightened, there is no way to rotate the grips on the handlebars. They feel very secure and satisfying to grab on even with mtb gloves on.

Saddle wise I'm using the Ergon SM Pro. Solid german built. Although the padding is not very thick, I found it rather comfortable even on longer rides.

Last edited:

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
Thanks for all the info guys I'll check them all out. (y)

Anyone using the SDG bel air 3? Seems to come up a lot in reviews.

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Ok serious now. If anyone wants to try out those ergon type grips with the wrist supports then decathlon have there own version for about £7 and they work well for me 👍
Just swapping bars over that's why they are off.
16850908226452010688893247223881.jpg

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
Cheers guys. I like the look of the ergon 3 grips with the wings so I might give something like that a try.
Still not decided on a saddle

Hicksy 92

Nov 23, 2018
Stonesfield Oxfordshire
I recently picked up some fabric grips and swapped them out for the stock cube ones that come with the bike.

Went out last night but I'm finding that they feel thinner in diameter than the cube grips which I'm not so keen on.

Also the stock saddle is pretty firm. I took some Allen keys with me and messed around with it's position which has helped but a comfier saddle is next on the list.

Whats a comfortable saddle, I have 90mm apart sit bones so on the narrower side.
I use Ergon ga3 grips , really help my wrists and ergon emtb saddle , with the raised rear profile supposed to stop you sliding backwards when climbing, but it’s really comfortable, I have no discomfort on my 30-40 mile rides

Heckler Sb130

Aug 15, 2022
Gothed75
Seems the SQlab is a popular choice, spendy saddle though 😯 is it worth the money
YES IT IS!

SQ LABS 60X series saddle for MTB is legit. When I let someone try my saddle they get one. Its that good. There are others out there that work for other people but since SQ Labs isn't in every bike shop and not marketed like Ergon or others its not as widely used or known. They are worth the coin and sometimes you can find them on sale or used. So far I have seen a 100% conversion rate with the SQ Labs saddle. Use their website and free goodies to help you get the correct size. Once you go SQ you don't go back!!!

As for grips with comfort/cushion OURY grips are hard to beat but there are many brands with similar versions. Ultimate cushion would be the ESI Extra Chunky but some feel they are to squishy.

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California

I liked the Santa Cruz “House” brand grips, wide so you can place hands, grippy but as with most diamond patters the knobs wear a little quicker. Now using ODI “Reflex” lock on grips in standard (XL available) these grip well when wet, are wide and are comfortable:

I’m partial to the Ergon saddle for e-bikes, it’s just like their other mtb saddles I’ve ridden on my other bikes but with a little kicker at back.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles