What extras to take on vacation?

hjscm

Founding Member
Mar 22, 2018
Bay area ca
ok so i am going camping for 2 weeks this summer and wanna take my S-Works levo. What do you guys recommend i take in case of breaks. Thinking extra Tires, maybe chain, But what else do you guys think. Nearest bike shop is about 2 hours away.
Thanks
Chris

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Spare pants? Condoms? king size skins?

Oh. You mean to fix the bike on the trail don't you? A decent multi tool will get you out of most mechanicals, consumables like brake pads, tubes and a gear cable should suffice. Maybe a spare mech hanger if you have one. Brake bleed kit. I probably wouldn't bother taking a spare mech/chain unless you already have them kicking around.
Out of interest. how will you charge the bike while camping?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
From EddieJJ’s great content (miss that guy!)

C2DE84ED-3817-4694-84B9-5BA35763969C.jpeg

Japuserid

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall, UK
From EddieJJ’s great content (miss that guy!)

View attachment 1024
I think Eddy got this pretty much spot on, especially if the nearest bike shop is 2 hours away and possibly won't even stock the part you will need. Sods Law dictates this to be the case. I can't see any spare spokes or a spare shifter and cable, Come on Eddy :LOL:

I once ripped off a rear mech while away in Wales, luckily on the last ride of the last day, but it could have just as easily been on the first day. I always have a spare of pretty much everything that will eventually wear out or need replacing in stock at home, so I tend to take everything with me when I go away. Hopefully I won't need any of it but if I do have a disaster it shouldn't turn into a Full on Drama.

If you keep a regular eye on who's got what on offer, you can pick up a few bargains and generally your spares will cost you less in the long run, I find this much better than waiting till you actually need it and having to pay through the nose.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
If you keep a regular eye on who's got what on offer, you can pick up a few bargains and generally your spares will cost you less in the long run, I find this much better than waiting till you actually need it and having to pay through the nose.
This is good advice.

hjscm

Founding Member
Mar 22, 2018
Bay area ca
I was thinking chain cause i didn't wanna break one on a climb. I bought a tire and a repair kit. I can charge off my generator and i have solar to charge a bank of batteries. Also campgrounds have power.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles