What differences between 65 nm and 80 nm torque?

Max Rower

Nov 21, 2019
Vienna
The EQP variants of the Focus Thron come with fenders and lights.

On even terrain there is not much difference between wheel sizes, when it gets bumpy, larger wheels roll over obstacles more easily.
I am riding many different bikes, race bike, single speed track bike, cx bike, cc race bike, enduro e-bike, hardtail fatbike. When the terrain is bumpy, even on grass like surface or rough gravel roads, a full suspension bike to so much more comfortable. The additional weight is not very noticeable on an e-bike. I‘d go for it.
I would opt for a shimano e8000 or ep8 motor if possible. On those motors you can fine tune the individual assist modes. With the shimano e-tube app you can set each mode to low, medium or high, and with the third party eMax app you can even specify the exact assistance in % of your own power, and the maximum values for Nm and W. Pefect for partners with different fitness, where the coarse setting of the e-tube app will not be sufficient.

geehaw

Nov 17, 2019
Melbourne Australia
I p
Dear Steve, your reply clreared my ideas, I thnk you so much!!!!
I need to write the last my considerations:
I'm 66 years old and I have to buy an e-bike looking to the future.
I live in a city with many ups and downs.
I like doing dirt country roads too. So I think the Cannondale Tesoro Neo X 2 is better for me.
But I can't try them because no retailer has them in their shop. I have to challenge the theory and place an order, then the my e-bike will arrive after 2-3 months.
I'd like to buy the 2021 model which has a 625Wh battery but ...... have you seen the colors of the new model? I'm getting stomach cramps. ;)
I like graphite or black colour, but I should buy the 2020 model only if I like those colours, but the 2020 model has a 500 Wh battery. ufff
Moral of the story: tonight I will not sleep. ;)

You who have much more experience than me, can you tell me which of the two e-bikes you like best?
This:
Or this one?

Thanks for your precious news.
I personally would never buy a bike without going for a ride to check out the frame fit. Doesn't have to have to be exact same spec motor suspension or drive train but has to be the same frame. I tried a lot of bikes prior to buying my eMTB with no specific brand preferences. I found Trek and Cannondale frames just not suitable to my body type (long legs, short arms) Giant was ok, but Specialized and Merida were both significantly more comfortable. Purchased the Merida because it offered more value for the money.

FoxAdriano

Sep 2, 2020
Italy
If I had to take into account what you tell me, I would have bought my e-bike in 2022 or even in 2023.
This is the problem today. I don't know where you live but this is the situation in Europe. Maybe if you live in the capital, the situation could be slightly different. I ordered the CUBE Kathmandu Hybrid Pro 625 and maybe in a day or two I'll get it. Anyway thanks for your thoughts.

Sofia

Oct 31, 2020
ireland
hi adriano did u buy already u got it i want buy as well cube but iam not sure 65Nm or 85Nm i will be use bike as carrier wher i will be spend around 50km almost every day and Performance line or new XC generacion 4 can someone can to me recomande pls thanks

FoxAdriano

Sep 2, 2020
Italy
Hey Sofia, I used Cube for 10 days and then I returned it. I had different problems every day. I now have the Cannondale Tesoro. I love it. However the 4th generation CX is the best choice.

Sofia

Oct 31, 2020
ireland
so u have now Cannondale Tesoro what is different bettwen them so for u is better cannondale yes and what problem u had with cube i want to buy but u know its lots money and dont know whitch one is good tks

FoxAdriano

Sep 2, 2020
Italy
The plastic connector for charging broke, the connector for charging came out, the problem of the freewheel, made the frame runmore in the disconnected roads. Then the back is a bit too stocky. ;) hahaha This is just an aesthetic reason. But I'm not an expert. I like the Cannondale Tesoro better.

Sir Charles

Jun 6, 2022
Madrid
Just to add another perspective, in case it is useful for anyone reading: the Bosch PL 65 Nm motor is quieter than the Bosch PL CX 85 Nm.
So, if you are using the bike for leisurely rides, and don't need the extra torque, silence may be a bonus.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles