What did you buy your ebike this week?

JkdJEdi

Subscriber
Feb 18, 2024
Palm Desert, California
Had sram code before
Maguras I haven’t used In any anger yet just did a 20 mile ride to bed them in early this week all on road
but seem to be good brakes were fairly easy to setup and bleed after reading they are difficult to bleed
just followed a decent guide on YouTube and was ok

seem to loads of power but again won’t fully know if everything is setup perfect until it gets vertical 😝
My bike came with the SRAM DB8 and the description I've heard of them is spot on, they feel like wood. No give or modulation whatsoever. And arm pump city with these brakes, but they do stop you. Having a tough time deciding, go with my tried and true ZED brakes (like my other bike) or go big with Magura or Dominions.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Only one screw?
Strangely enough yeah, I thought it might be an oversight but for some weird reason they come with only one, I watched a couple of YouTube videos and they were all the same too, I’m not bothered because I used my oil slick screws anyway so no harm done 😉

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Strangely enough yeah, I thought it might be an oversight but for some weird reason they come with only one, I watched a couple of YouTube videos and they were all the same too, I’m not bothered because I used my oil slick screws anyway so no harm done 😉
I've seen other posts on here asking if one screw is normal or an error.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I've seen other posts on here asking if one screw is normal or an error.
It looks like one of the jockey wheels is slightly thicker so that might be the reason but it’s no thicker than my old Superstar Components jockey wheel so I see no reason to use the supplied screw 😉👍

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Not for me, I always forget to charge batteries, so this way I will always have a spare with me in pack
I do the same. Better safe than sorry. I keep one in my both my hydration packs so I never have to think about it. I rotate them out every other charge to keep them even on charge cycles. My Garmin does tell me when the battery gets low.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
An AXS reverb
IMG_2279.jpeg

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
As my old jockey wheels are looking a little tatty and not spinning as freely as I’d like I thought I’d buy some new Hope jockey wheels to carry on with the red accent on my bike, also, this is the attention to detail I like with Hope, the bag the jockey wheels came in is heat sealed across the middle to keep the wheels from clattering against each other in transit, I know it seems sad to most people but I think it’s worth a mention 😁😁

View attachment 136848
Had the same experience: Post in thread 'Better jockeys'
Better jockeys

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Bike is ready for the new season after having it back from the dealer for a spring checkup. Instead of replacing a broken spoke, they replaced the rear wheel because they said the original Roval rim was beyond repair due to several cracks (which I hadn't noticed, but the wheel already had 9.500 km on the clock). New rims are Contec Xeta Max, never heard of them, but LBS said the new wheel is at least as good, if not even better than the original. ;-) We'll see... One thing I got used to immediately is the almost non-existent ratchet sound (Hub: Contec Core DB).
IMG_4743.jpeg

Last edited:

Technogod

Apr 1, 2024
USA
Ironic name for a brake pad, don't ya think! Someone in Marketing must have a sense of humor or not speak English all that well :). I will give them a try on my "less steep" trails until they prove themselves.
You definitely want to have good brakes on the trails you ride.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
You definitely want to have good brakes on the trails you ride.
While I was bedding in those Cooma pads on the front brakes I found they got a little to grabby for my liking, especially for a front brake. I may give them another try on my rear brakes but after my last crash, from front brake fade, I am less likely to take any risks.

This trail has several steep rock slabs on it and previous to this trail, I was riding other steep rock slab trails. At 2:13 I gave myself a warning but by 2:18 I knew I was in trouble. I am sticking with the SRAM Code RSC stock pads on Magura 220mm rotors for now!

JkdJEdi

Subscriber
Feb 18, 2024
Palm Desert, California
While I was bedding in those Cooma pads on the front brakes I found they got a little to grabby for my liking, especially for a front brake. I may give them another try on my rear brakes but after my last crash, from front brake fade, I am less likely to take any risks.

This trail has several steep rock slabs on it and previous to this trail, I was riding other steep rock slab trails. At 2:13 I gave myself a warning but by 2:18 I knew I was in trouble. I am sticking with the SRAM Code RSC stock pads on Magura 220mm rotors for now!

That as one garnly slope there.. maybe if you didn't touch your front brakes at all you'd have more control of that front wheels direction. Kudos for having the balls to even go down that.. wow, that was crazy. I subscribed :)

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
That as one garnly slope there.. maybe if you didn't touch your front brakes at all you'd have more control of that front wheels direction. Kudos for having the balls to even go down that.. wow, that was crazy. I subscribed :)
Haha... it certainly is a decent sized slab (but definitely not the most difficult!) for Squamish. As for braking, 95% of your braking is done on your front wheel as that is where all the weight is going directly into the ground. If you only used your back brakes, you would skid out instantly and accelerate to the bottom. Thanks for the sub. My Youtube channel is for my own amusement and prove I actually did it, when I get to the Care Home in the not too distant future ;)

JkdJEdi

Subscriber
Feb 18, 2024
Palm Desert, California
Haha... it certainly is a decent sized slab (but definitely not the most difficult!) for Squamish. As for braking, 95% of your braking is done on your front wheel as that is where all the weight is going directly into the ground. If you only used your back brakes, you would skid out instantly and accelerate to the bottom. Thanks for the sub. My Youtube channel is for my own amusement and prove I actually did it, when I get to the Care Home in the not too distant future ;)
My channel 😁 doing the same, brother n law talked me into doing it for our little group years ago, it's been fun and they love to see themselves on the big screen ..

Last edited:

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
That’s kinda funny 😁 …but no. Only amongst other Fallers.
Our logging camp was one of the largest (400+ loggers) and isolated on Northern Vancouver Island. I began my career there as a handi-man (my early 20’s with trade certifications). Besides my regular duties I was also assigned recovering workers (“the walking wounded”) and gave them “light-duty work”.

One particular guy, who I was assigned, was the weightlifting champion of Canada. Great right? Wrong. This kid was massive, full of steroids, and loved himself. I gave him a hammer, a handful of nails and some stair-treads. With a two-handed grip on the hammer, the first nail went flying somewhere. The second nail got bent. He could barely hit the remaining nails.

He sat in my shop for the rest of the week. Size 2 hard hat, size 15 boots. 🤷‍♂️
How can you tell which is the front of a tree and which is the back. No Googling please .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles