What did you buy your ebike this week?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I'll bet it's fun outing when you and like-minded people have a get together! Are you in a club or society? :)
That’s kinda funny 😁 …but no. Only amongst other Fallers.
Our logging camp was one of the largest (400+ loggers) and isolated on Northern Vancouver Island. I began my career there as a handi-man (my early 20’s with trade certifications). Besides my regular duties I was also assigned recovering workers (“the walking wounded”) and gave them “light-duty work”.

One particular guy, who I was assigned, was the weightlifting champion of Canada. Great right? Wrong. This kid was massive, full of steroids, and loved himself. I gave him a hammer, a handful of nails and some stair-treads. With a two-handed grip on the hammer, the first nail went flying somewhere. The second nail got bent. He could barely hit the remaining nails.

He sat in my shop for the rest of the week. Size 2 hard hat, size 15 boots. 🤷‍♂️

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Not for me, I always forget to charge batteries, so this way I will always have a spare with me in pack
I guess I shouldn’t say useless.
I have the AXS dropper and derailer so I’m not stuck on the trail without power.
My neighbor carries a spare battery with him. He doesn’t use the Reverb Axs dropper, just the derailer.

Maybe I’ll go charge my batteries 🤔

DieBoy

Jul 14, 2023
EU
A new chain for spring.

20240318_082516.jpg

The Shimano HG was clearly worn (stretched) after ~ 2000km, though in it's defence it was a hard winter and I didn't have time to do enough regular maintenance.

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany

Tombie

Mar 11, 2023
Whyalla
I think I won but did cheating with Google 🫣 and can not switch language on my device but there is English:

SHIMANO tool for EW-SD50 E-Tube cable | TL-EW02

The TL-EW02 tool is used to loosen and connect the plug connections of the EW-SD50 Shimano E-Tube cables. To ensure safe operation, these are extremely tight. This tight fit ensures tight and durable connections, but interferes when it comes to loosening the connections again. Under no circumstances should the Di2 cable be pulled to loosen it, as this could lead to a cable break! With this tool you can simply attach it directly to the plug and detach it without damaging it!

Technical specifications:

Material: Plastic
Use: connect and disconnect the connector

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I guess I shouldn’t say useless.
I have the AXS dropper and derailer so I’m not stuck on the trail without power.
My neighbor carries a spare battery with him. He doesn’t use the Reverb Axs dropper, just the derailer.

Maybe I’ll go charge my batteries 🤔
I've got both too, and carried a spare battery in my pack for almost 3 years and never used it once!

I bought an AXS 'derailleur only' for my Stumpjumper about 18 months ago, and used my spare battery and my spare controller for it. Now, I don't carry a spare battery anymore... although I do have a CR2032 in my pack for the controller(s).

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
If you like old tools, I suspect that you will like "Moving Heavy Things" by Jan Adkins. It is basically how people moved stuff before engine power. How did they get those bells up in the church tower? How did they move the stones used to build the docks? It is not just levers and pulleys. Only 47 pages. Building the pyramids not included! :)

Damn, I’m not buying that then 🤣🤣🤣

Zed.

Apr 26, 2023
Deepest Bandit country (Wales)
had my last Wiggle order delivered on Tuesday, £155 on 3 x 12speed casettes (£17each!) 3 x NP ARD (cushcore type things, 2 in a box with valves @ £15 a box!) and a LOT of 99p bits&pieces :p

thats ~ £1300 I've spent with Wiggle this month, sadly they were clearing stock and I'm guilty of raiding theim in their last days:oops:

Thankyou Wiggle and to their staff, good luck for the future😎

Rich.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
IMG_7649.JPG

It's been a while since I bought anything for my bike... but someone posted a link to this a couple of weeks ago, and I thought I'd try it out.
A Bike Yoke SRAM AXS Pod matchmaker for a Magura brake. It ended up costing €43.61 (£38.84), but is way cheaper than buying the Pod Bridge Clamp - which is about £60.

Hopefully it lets me fit my Pod at an appropriate distance from my thumb. Using the standard clamp, I feel that I'm forced to put it between my grips / brake... which makes it too close to my thumb. I've learned to live with it, but I'm hoping this will move it over slightly.
Will see when I get it fitted tonight!

EDIT:
Here’s it fitted. Seems like it’s going to give me the space I need.
Will see how I feel tomorrow after a ride, but so far it’s pretty positive.

IMG_7652.jpeg

Last edited:

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
As my old jockey wheels are looking a little tatty and not spinning as freely as I’d like I thought I’d buy some new Hope jockey wheels to carry on with the red accent on my bike, also, this is the attention to detail I like with Hope, the bag the jockey wheels came in is heat sealed across the middle to keep the wheels from clattering against each other in transit, I know it seems sad to most people but I think it’s worth a mention 😁😁

0687156B-724B-4D55-A69D-480768197F0E.jpeg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
As my old jockey wheels are looking a little tatty and not spinning as freely as I’d like I thought I’d buy some new Hope jockey wheels to carry on with the red accent on my bike, also, this is the attention to detail I like with Hope, the bag the jockey wheels came in is heat sealed across the middle to keep the wheels from clattering against each other in transit, I know it seems sad to most people but I think it’s worth a mention 😁😁

View attachment 136848
Only one screw?

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
How you liking the Magura and what did you have before?
Had sram code before
Maguras I haven’t used In any anger yet just did a 20 mile ride to bed them in early this week all on road
but seem to be good brakes were fairly easy to setup and bleed after reading they are difficult to bleed
just followed a decent guide on YouTube and was ok

seem to loads of power but again won’t fully know if everything is setup perfect until it gets vertical 😝

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles