What did you buy your ebike this week?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I repeat, shoe horns are the answer.

Long ones (like the above), short ones, metal, plastic. If you visit the flea markets you might even find one made from cow horn (where it gets its name from).

Note: I was initially including a link to Amazon, but I forget that their links don't show up on here.

BIG-DUKE-6

Feb 21, 2023
Usa
image.jpg
image.jpg
You then just pull your foot down into the shoe. For everyone who is not familiar with this shoe. The opening is like a wet suit. Very tight a shoe horn won’t work

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
After having issues and issues with AXS components, went to my local bike shop to get a full X01 mechanical drivetrain installed.

Shop did XX1 cassette & chain for the same price which was pretty nice.

Only took a picture of the cassette.

View attachment 129955
View attachment 129956
Glad you've got a photo to remind you what it looks like new, because the cassette won't look like that after 50 miles!! 😂

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
What issues were you having with AXS?

Had to warranty a Reverb AXS two times and GX AXS two times also. Reverb is just a mess own it's on own by design and GX AXS had the parallelogram come loose (bushing play) causing poor shifting or ghost shifts. Their warranty is pretty good however as they send new components in retail boxes most of the time.

Almost switched to T-Type, but went back to cable instead for peace of mind and reliability.

Nickolp1974

Jul 30, 2019
Louth lincs
New brake day!! Yey! After getting rear through it wasn't long enough as they are used brakes but very little, so new house required, all done though and routed rear hose through R/H side of frame instead of left which it comes stock, that bit took the longest to do. All bled and new rotors, had a few blasts down the road to bed in a bit but needs more. Already feels 10 times better than the code R's, should have more confidence in them.
PXL_20231129_164432825.jpg

220's on the front, 203 rear

PXL_20231129_164510592.jpg

Oh and a little something installed in here to make use of the increased braking perf. PXL_20231129_164452570.jpg

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
Broke a spoke, bought a new wheel!

To be fair, I have been snapping spokes within the nipple all year long on my EX1700's. It has been driving me nuts as you have to replace the tubeless flap each time. The shop told me my rim was pretty tired so most likely the spokes can't be tensioned evenly while having the wheel true. Might try moving the hub over to a carbon rim I have in the shed.

Trying my luck with NewMen EG 30s, serious bargain at €270. Surprised how hard it is to find 32 spoke wheels, nothing from DT/Hunt/Newmen which seem to be the top-recommended ones.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Trying my luck with NewMen EG 30s, serious bargain at €270. Surprised how hard it is to find 32 spoke wheels, nothing from DT/Hunt/Newmen which seem to be the top-recommended ones.
This has 32F/36R Spoke Count

HUNT E_ENDURO WIDE E-MTB 29 WHEELSET​

Non emtb version has 28F/32R Spoke Count

Last edited:

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
New brake day!! Yey! After getting rear through it wasn't long enough as they are used brakes but very little, so new house required, all done though and routed rear hose through R/H side of frame instead of left which it comes stock, that bit took the longest to do. All bled and new rotors, had a few blasts down the road to bed in a bit but needs more. Already feels 10 times better than the code R's, should have more confidence in them.
View attachment 129985
220's on the front, 203 rear
Oh and a little something installed in here to make use of the increased braking perf.

Pads look right on the edge of the disc on the front (compared to the rear), not overhanging a little are they? Just thought I'd point it out. I'm sure it's fine, just looks like a lot of untouched disc area.

Nickolp1974

Jul 30, 2019
Louth lincs
Pads look right on the edge of the disc on the front (compared to the rear), not overhanging a little are they? Just thought I'd point it out. I'm sure it's fine, just looks like a lot of untouched disc area.
There hard to see but on fronts they are about 2mm to inside of caliper front and back, will check again in some daylight as they were done in the garage at night. Our dark UK evenings do nothing for installing and testing new gear, PITA, roll on spring

Edit: does it look like the right adapter for a 220 rotor?? Never done much with brakes other than bleeding.

Christurbo

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2023
North Wales
Had to warranty a Reverb AXS two times and GX AXS two times also. Reverb is just a mess own it's on own by design and GX AXS had the parallelogram come loose (bushing play) causing poor shifting or ghost shifts. Their warranty is pretty good however as they send new components in retail boxes most of the time.

Almost switched to T-Type, but went back to cable instead for peace of mind and reliability.
Did you buy them online, what was the returns process? How did you prove this was just incorrect B tension etc?

El Grifo

Apr 4, 2023
Islas Canarias
Finish Line's Ceramic Wax lube is an advanced, wax based bicycle chain lubricant that ensures total drivetrain cleanliness without the distance compromise that other wax lubricants
Wax
This stuff is considered wax? Wow, did not know. View attachment 130038
Clearly works well whatever. I use a similar product in our dry dusty conditions ! You in SoCal or what?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles