What did you buy your ebike this week?

Feb 27, 2023
Teesside UK
Was getting flex from the stock brake discs so upgraded to Hope 203`s and no more flex and pad rub.

Note if you do this on a 22 Orbea Wild the Hope magnet does not work as its too far away from the sensor. Just use the original magnet and off you go.
20231007_150419.jpg

Tombie

Mar 11, 2023
Whyalla
With the Hydra I9s on their way, and wishing to do more damage to the credit card I’ve ordered my spokes ready for a slightly custom look.

Keeping with the bikes Green / Orange colour scheme
IMG_3283.jpg

And being a big bloke (think Nrml MTBr but 4” shorter) upgraded the brake rotors to:
IMG_3356.jpg

Obviously heavier, but hey, it’s an eBike and I need more stopping power for my bulk

Grendel

Subscriber
Dec 20, 2021
Texas
With the Hydra I9s on their way, and wishing to do more damage to the credit card I’ve ordered my spokes ready for a slightly custom look.

Keeping with the bikes Green / Orange colour scheme
View attachment 127132

And being a big bloke (think Nrml MTBr but 4” shorter) upgraded the brake rotors to:
View attachment 127134

Obviously heavier, but hey, it’s an eBike and I need more stopping power for my bulk
Those spokes are SICK!!!!

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
IMG_5802.JPEG

New wheels should be here next week (typical - whilst I'm away for the kids school holidays!), so I have some i9 turquoise decals to go on to match the spokes. I asked i9 to ship the wheels with their decals still on the sheet and not on the wheels to save wasting them!

S-WORKS decals are slightly too big (printer error - not mine!), so another set coming soon... then the challenge of trying to get them all on perfectly so they hide the originals.

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Today was the day - my new 2023 RockShox Lyrik Select+ (150mm, Charger 3 RC2 damper) was delivered! 🤩
IMG_4202.jpeg
It replaces the original Fox 34 Float Rhythm fork on my 2021 Levo SL Comp. Didn't have time for more than a quick 8 km ride this afternoon, but the damping already feels so much better than before. So far, all I did was set up the recommended pressure and rebound according to the trailhead app.
Looking forward to going on some longer test rides!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I ordered three folding saws, paid for them etc and the following day was contacted by the seller to be told that it was illegal to ship "bladed articles" to a residential address. (A new UK law in 2019, probably to try to reduce the numbers of zombie knives in use by street thugs). I walked across the road and asked a joiner friend of mine to use his business name and & address. The post man has to ask for the age of the recipient if they look younger than 25.

They came today.

Folding saw 1.jpg
Folding Saw 2.jpg

They look great and have a good spec, but they were not what I thought I ordered! It was my fault, I Googled "Wolverine Folding Saw" and bought the ones above. I'm not sending them back as they were so cheap and as I said they look good. I will use one and let you know.

This is what I thougt I was ordering: (this is an old one)
Wolverine folding saw.jpg

They are superficially similar. But you can see the differences: the blade and the handle are straight vs curved. They do look very similar, even down to the detail design of the blade's cutting edge. They are both needle prick sharp. However, they both have the same weak point (IMO), the curl pin used as a pivot for the lock release. In addition to sawing branches and trees, I use the saw as a slasher on brambles and nettles, which is not what it was designed for. Under that assault, the curl pin loosens and comes out and the blade is free to flop around, which I know to be dangerous (ouch)! I replace it at the first sign of movement. The one I am using right now has a nail in there, sawn to length and the sawn end flared with a centre punch and a big hammer.

I never ride into the woods without a folding saw. :)

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC

I never ride into the woods without a folding saw. :)
Same…and a T25.
I got my folding saw from Home Depot a while ago. It just fit tightly into my hip-pac. Great little tool …until I stashed it in an ole stump one day and forgot which stump I had chosen. So I bought another. Ya never know when you might need it.

IMG_6721.jpeg

I also got some 12” pruning blades for the sawzall. They don’t like rocks either.

IMG_6785.jpeg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Same…and a T25.
I got my folding saw from Home Depot a while ago. It just fit tightly into my hip-pac. Great little tool …until I stashed it in an ole stump one day and forgot which stump I had chosen. So I bought another. Ya never know when you might need it.

View attachment 127299

I also got some 12” pruning blades for the sawzall. They don’t like rocks either.

View attachment 127301
I know that I have to cut fallen trees very carefully because they can have a huge amount of stored energy coiled up inside them that can suddenly release and throw me into the next forest, minus whatever I was holding at the time. I was dealing with one of those trees that had snapped 5' off the ground and had fallen across the trail but was still attached to the trunk by lots of thick jagged fibres. I was carefully sawing away at the fibres when my anonymous buddy got fed up with my progress and decided to give me a hand. He grabbed hold of the bit on the ground and gave it a bloody good heave. The remaining fibres at my end gave way and the tree completed its fall. My end fell onto another previously fallen tree that I was standing on and launched me into the air. It almost scared the shit out of me :poop:, but fortunately my lithe, cat-like grace :ROFLMAO: enabled me to avoid injury, other than to my dignity. Fallen trees can be dangerous. I always assume stored energy and proceed with caution. :unsure: Particularly when I'm being helped!

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
So Mr Sordy, you do know it is illegal to carry a weapon in public!

Joking aside, I have a similar folding saw, except made by Bahco, and had no issues ordering online and being delivered to my residential address 🤔
Maybe it's the type of company that makes them more likely to be sensitive about that sort of thing. For example, I wonder if gardening tool companies bother?
I didn't know it when I bought the folding saws from Cadet Force, but inside the delivery was a catalogue illustrating what they sell. If you want to be a soldier, from cadets to special forces, they have everything you need (except weapons), ie lume sticks, camo cream, camo netting, boots, camo clothing of all kinds, gas masks....................... even practice weapons made from wood that look like the real thing. On that last item I can't see how they can be used for practice drills because they won't weigh the same, but they look good.

Last edited:

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
That's a tool, not a weapon...
Depends where you are and that is why I mention(ed) in this international forum. In Germany fine is up to 10000€ what is no fun if the officer is not lenient. Due to increasing knife attacs we unfortunately now have frequently controlled „weapon free zones“ in downtown of some big cities like Düsseldorf and enforced laws.

„Within the Weapons Act, paragraph 42a explains the prohibition of the carrying of apparent weapons and certain portable objects in Germany:
It is illegal
1. Apparent weapons,
2. Slash and strike weapons Annex 1 chapter 1 subparagraph 2 No. 1.1 or
3. Knives with one-hand lockable blade (one-hand-folder) or fixed blade knives with a blade length over 12 cm.
Annex 1 not applies
1. for the use to take photo-, shoot films-, or television features theatre performance,
2. use for the transport in an enclosed space,
3. for the carrying of the objects (paragraph 1, nos. 2 and 3), provided that a legitimate interest exists. Further regulations remain unaffected.
A legitimate interest (paragraph 2 No. 3) is, when the lead of this objects connected with a professional practice, heritage, sport or a general accepted purpose.
Knives that can be "opened and locked with one hand" are knives that have a device for opening with one hand and a blade lock. If a knife has only one of these features, it is not affected by § 42a.“

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I know that I have to cut fallen trees very carefully because they can have a huge amount of stored energy coiled up inside them that can suddenly release and throw me into the next forest, minus whatever I was holding at the time. I was dealing with one of those trees that had snapped 5' off the ground and had fallen across the trail but was still attached to the trunk by lots of thick jagged fibres. I was carefully sawing away at the fibres when my anonymous buddy got fed up with my progress and decided to give me a hand. He grabbed hold of the bit on the ground and gave it a bloody good heave. The remaining fibres at my end gave way and the tree completed its fall. My end fell onto another previously fallen tree that I was standing on and launched me into the air. It almost scared the shit out of me :)poop:), but fortunately my lithe, cat-like grace :)ROFLMAO:) enabled me to avoid injury, other than to my dignity. Fallen trees can be dangerous. I always assume stored energy and proceed with caution. :unsure: Particularly when I'm being helped!
On fallen trees I always assume stored energy. Escape routes are important too. Being fast on your feet helps. Fence-posting a 5’ diameter hemlock (45 degree angle) was terrifying. But standing infront of a heavy leaning 12’ cedar while putting in the undercut was the only time my knees actually shook. 😳

When a tree starts “talking”, really good hearing can save your life.

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
Depends where you are and that is why I mention(ed) in this international forum. In Germany fine is up to 10000€ what is no fun if the officer is not lenient. Due to increasing knife attacs we unfortunately now have frequently controlled „weapon free zones“ in downtown of some big cities like Düsseldorf and enforced laws.

What the hell? Shouldn't everywhere be a weapon free zone?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles