What did you buy your ebike this week?

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Borrowed that exact kit off a mate to do my frame bearings last week. Worked like a charm.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Does it count oi it was a gift?

If so, this is what my elder daughter bought me. I've always wanted one, but could never justify one as I wouldn't use it very often. Zoom in to see all the bearing sizes it will do.

View attachment 122100
Not quite the same, but similar theme… I got this today.

I’ve ordered the Industry Nine Hydra toolkit, some pawls, springs and bearings from my LBS to go with it. Probably won’t need any of them for a year… but I like to be prepared!!

IMG_4965.jpeg

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Just installed the Schwalbe Big Betty in the rear and Magic Mary up front. Gonna give these a try. i
I was running the Continental Kryptotals front and rear. I liked the way they rode, but didn’t like their durability. If these aren’t good, I’ll go back to Maxxis.

25B37A84-FDAE-4217-A3E2-93CAE869182E.jpeg 2885B665-5490-4A1F-A820-AC1E3A370718.jpeg 19F909BC-2C0B-4A95-94F8-2A852B2C05F9.jpeg

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
Just installed the Schwalbe Big Betty in the rear and Magic Mary up front. Gonna give these a try. i
I was running the Continental Kryptotals front and rear. I liked the way they rode, but didn’t like their durability. If these aren’t good, I’ll go back to Maxxis.
MM/BB is good combo. Spesh Cannibal+Eliminator T7/T9 is better though. Both are better combos than Maxxis. At least in Finnish woods.

Last edited:

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
Can’t beat a fresh set of Galfer Purple pads for my MT7/Saint setup

View attachment 122153

Seriously considering the Shigura set up. My wife and I currently have mt5's and never been real happy with them. She has been though 3 levers from wrecks. The last lever appeared fine after a slightly catching a tree, but would loose pressure and require pumping. Swapped a spare lever on and worked perfectly. I'm just tired of fighting Magura levers.

I'm considering M6100 levers for me and M4100 for the misses. I ride one finger and like the ergonomics of Shimano's levers and she rides 2 finger and needs no help locking up the brakes. lol

Christurbo

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2023
North Wales
Seriously considering the Shigura set up. My wife and I currently have mt5's and never been real happy with them. She has been though 3 levers from wrecks. The last lever appeared fine after a slightly catching a tree, but would loose pressure and require pumping. Swapped a spare lever on and worked perfectly. I'm just tired of fighting Magura levers.

I'm considering M6100 levers for me and M4100 for the misses. I ride one finger and like the ergonomics of Shimano's levers and she rides 2 finger and needs no help locking up the brakes. lol
I personally think they are one of the most powerful brakes available. I love them.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
Quad lock to the Burgtec. I have ios17 beta on my phone and watch and can see the new cycling screen but I have a problem when I want to use the camera to record video I can't tilt the phone far enough back to get the right view (boring only recording the wheel) since the phone is hitting the stem bolt so I have to try to fix it in one way or another.

IMG_1276.jpeg

Last edited:

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
Quad lock to the Burgtec. I have ios17 beta on my phone and watch and can see the new cycling screen but I have a problem when I want to use the camera to record video I can't tilt the phone far enough back to get the right view (boring only recording the wheel) since the phone is hitting the stem bolt so I have to try to fix it in one way or another.

View attachment 122156
How do you feel the phone in a quad lock fares over long term use? Part of me wants to add a quad mount, so I can grab the phone for a quick photo or to check my navigation, the other fears having a $1000 device exposed, and would rather have it in my pack, or even pocket.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
How do you feel the phone in a quad lock fares over long term use? Part of me wants to add a quad mount, so I can grab the phone for a quick photo or to check my navigation, the other fears having a $1000 device exposed, and would rather have it in my pack, or even pocket.
I don't think in that matter it's like not dare to park the bike outside a shop locked with a heavy chainlock or two for ten minutes also the phone is covered by home insurance same is bike but max $5000 therfore I also have Bikefinder included unlimited. Go for it!

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
IMG_4967.jpeg

VERY exciting stuff today…
Some random brushes for cleaning out the insides of my pedals when I do a rebuild, and some Magura olives / barbs so that I can make my front brake hose a bit shorter. The downside to that one is I’ll then likely have to bleed the buggers again!

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
What was the problem? Punctures or did the profile wear out too fast? What compound did you use and what mileage?
I tried both the enduro and trail casings. 3 sidewall tears in my last 2 months. Never had the issue with Maxxis. The tread does seem to be wearing well though and I do like the way they ride.

macp

Jul 30, 2023
UK
Fitted a 50mm riser bar tonight. It measures 640mm wide. Compared to the original 750mm flat bar. The rise is fantastic but I just need to see how I get on with the width. Although I found the original bars too wide.

Last edited:

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
I don't think in that matter it's like not dare to park the bike outside a shop locked with a heavy chainlock or two for ten minutes also the phone is covered by home insurance same is bike but max $5000 therfore I also have Bikefinder included unlimited. Go for it!
I'm not thinking about theft, I'm worried about damage from using while riding, either rough riding, or crashing.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Just picked up what I'm hoping is an actually new factory 36.

I know it says 'used' but often with Wiggle its a display model, and for the fact theres no star nut fitted, no marks from a crown race thats been running, uncut steerer, no stem clamp marks and its got the caps still on the leg valves.

I have had other forks and stuff from them which was listed as used but were without a single mark. So pretty confident this is the same, which would make it a very nice deal indeed.

If anyone isnt aware. Tri Sport Resort on ebay is actually Wiggles clearing house, and you can usually pick up a very good bargain if you keep an eye on what they're selling.
A couple of months ago I got a Hope 5 fortus 30 rear wheel for £160 and it was brand new.The least you'lll pay for that in a shop is 265.

Last edited:

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
Fitted a 50mm riser bar tonight. It measures 640mm wide. Compared to the original 750mm flat bar. The rise is fantastic but I just need to see how I get on with the width. Although I found the original bars too wide.
800mm is just ❤️

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Wow thats back to the old skool! i remember jumping to wide bars at 680 when i was racing XC lol

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Again… pretty boring, but today I got the next part of the kit for servicing / maintaining my I9 wheels. Dumonde Pro X free hub oil, and free hub grease.
Photographed next to my keyboard to give a sense of scale… over £40 for those 2 tiny containers. I’ll be using it sparingly 🙄

IMG_4971.jpeg

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
One thing I would always suggest when it comes to boutique lubes & greases is to research the composition. There is almost always an identical non branded alternative.
I watched the Hydra servicing video on YouTube, and they use tiny amounts of each during the service... so I expect these puny containers to last a long time.
I did search for alternatives, but the general concensus was to just pay for it.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Again… pretty boring, but today I got the next part of the kit for servicing / maintaining my I9 wheels. Dumonde Pro X free hub oil, and free hub grease.
Photographed next to my keyboard to give a sense of scale… over £40 for those 2 tiny containers. I’ll be using it sparingly 🙄

View attachment 122286
I have an old bridge in London if you want to buy it

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I have an old bridge in London if you want to buy it
How much - I'm interested 😂

On a serious note though, people are saying they've done 15 services and still have almost half the pot of grease left. Given how little is required, it should last a very long time. £6 of the £41 was postage too.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William

View attachment 122286
I’ve had the same container of the lube for about 3.5 years now, it lasts forever. I brought it over with me when I moved to the UK🤣😂

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles