What did you buy your ebike this week?

EuanS2

Subscriber
Jan 10, 2021
Edinburgh
SRAM GX T-Type on the Fuel EXe, it's definitely better than the old GX AXS system it replaced

IMG_6674.JPG IMG_6678.JPG

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
The latter unfortunately - I have quite a large parts bin that I could build another Kenevo with now!
Then I know exactly how you feel. I hate that Specialized does not offer a frame only option expect for their "SWORKS" sticker model which is one of the biggest scams I have ever seen. We have a LBS around here that will actually let you swap out parts when you buy the bike but they don't sell Specialized so all the parts end up on PinkBike at a reduced cost. Such a First World Problem!
Enjoy your new bike when you get it up and running!

Christurbo

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2023
North Wales
Then I know exactly how you feel. I hate that Specialized does not offer a frame only option expect for their "SWORKS" sticker model which is one of the biggest scams I have ever seen. We have a LBS around here that will actually let you swap out parts when you buy the bike but they don't sell Specialized so all the parts end up on PinkBike at a reduced cost. Such a First World Problem!
Enjoy your new bike when you get it up and running!
Yes, it’s a shame because the frame is so good!

Thanks - I’m doing a build thread here:-

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Gusset S2 AM Stem

- CNC 7075 Alloy, 40mm, Black.
- 31.8mm clamp (50mm wide)
- Zero Rise
- Stack Height 42mm

Should work nicely with my cut down (740mm) SQlab 30X carbon bars.

Last edited:

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
A Park PCS-9.3 Workshop stand. It's apparently rated to 36kg but you can tell it's not entirely happy with my 24kg bike, it's not too bad but you can tell it wasn't made for it becasue you have to really tigthen everything up for it to hold the bike properly. It's a fair bit happier though the battery out. My old cheapo stand couldn't hold the bike at all from the dropper post though so it's a massive upgrade.

shopping.jpeg

Currently £145 at the link below and just £135 if you use the discount code SIGNUP10 (Not sure how long their sale is going to be on)

This has led me to a question though, so I've made a poll here if you would be so kind as to vote: [POLL] Hanging an eMTB by it's dropper post in a workshop stand?

Last edited:

dthree

Aug 8, 2022
Pennsylvania, USA
A Park PCS-9.3 Workshop stand. It's apparently rated to 36kg but you can tell it's not entirely happy with my 24kg bike, it's not too bad but you can tell it wasn't made for it becasue you have to really tigthen everything up for it to hold the bike properly. It's a fair bit happier though the battery out. My old cheapo stand couldn't hold the bike at all from the dropper post though so it's a massive upgrade.

View attachment 121158

Currently £145 at the link below and just £135 if you use the discount code SIGNUP10 (Not sure how long their sale is going to be on)

This has led me to a question though, so I've made a poll here if you would be so kind as to vote: [POLL] Hanging an eMTB by it's dropper post in a workshop stand?
I just picked up the Park Tool PCS-10.3 as my cheaper Amazon stand has gotten on my last nerve. The clamp would no longer support the bike and refused to tighten enough. BTW, that is a PCS-10.3 in your picture, different clamp than the 9.3 and includes the little tool tray.

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
I just picked up the Park Tool PCS-10.3 as my cheaper Amazon stand has gotten on my last nerve. The clamp would no longer support the bike and refused to tighten enough. BTW, that is a PCS-10.3 in your picture, different clamp than the 9.3 and includes the little tool tray.
Well spotted, I've fixed it now.

mcboab

Aug 2, 2022
NE UK
Nothing “sexy” just a black XX1 chain to replace the more than 75% stretched old XX1 , that managed just under 500 miles on an XX1 cassette. I didn’t fit the new chain as I found I had a new X01 chain in my spares pile I’d bought eons ago and forgotten about so that went on the current cassette & chainring instead.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Fork and shock service by TF Tuned.
The fork was fine
The shock had the black stanchion replaced under warranty. Also, a complicated tube-shaped cylinder in the gubbins was slightly polished in one area that it shouldn't be (evidence of rubbing?). That was replaced for £9. That was a complicated looking component made to precision standards and it is astonishing that it only cost £9 including fitting, and shipping from whatever part of the world it came from.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles