What did you buy your ebike this week?

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
Some new tubeless Sealant and new pirelli scorpion enduro m tires. They where on sale for 32euros each
Probavly a bit overkill for my riding but beter safe then sorry i guess
20230709_182609.jpg
View attachment 119905 View attachment 119907
20230709_181839.jpg

Last edited:

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
Nukeproof Horizon CL downhill pedals. And Leatt DBX 4.0 shoes for me.
I have been riding Nukeproof Horizon flats for a long time now.
It's time to try clipless pedals again.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Strange cracks on the surface of tyres so replaced old Nobby Nics with Double Defence Smart Sams. Took out the Tannus Tyre Armour inserts which has reduced the overall weight by 500g (both tyres) and I should get better range and a more smoother ride on roads with the new less aggressive tread pattern. If I start getting punctures I’ll put the Tannus armour back in.

IMG_6760.jpeg IMG_6757.jpeg

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Strange cracks on the surface of tyres so replaced old Nobby Nics with Double Defence Smart Sams. Took out the Tannus Tyre Armour inserts which has reduced the overall weight by 500g (both tyres) and I should get better range and a more smoother ride on roads with the new less aggressive tread pattern. If I start getting punctures I’ll put the Tannus armour back in.

View attachment 120099 View attachment 120100
Blimey, you're going to notice that, weight + rolling resistance!

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
Just received my 600ml YT "thirstmaster 4000" bottle. It is a (chunky) fidlock bottle that effectively fits in the same space (height and length) as the 450ml standard fidlock bottle. Could be interesting for those of you with tight spaces inside the frame.

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
Very good recommendation! Works well and seems to be easier in bleeding / tuning to the right pressure if using PSI instead of BAR.
If you don't have a pressure gauge, consider one of these from Topeak. They are excellent and will last you many years. It is on offer from here, and free delivery too.

Topeak Smart Gauge D2 | £25.45 from Pedal On

I usually use my Joe Blow track pump to over pressurise the tyre by a few psi, then use the D2 to bleed off the pressure to the one I want. I cannot vouch for its accuracy, but it is very repeatable (most desirable). It has a range of units to suit anyone.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
IMG_4580.jpeg

Got this MTB Hopper Balance stand today - to attempt to learn how to manual.

Decided to stick my Stumpy in it first to practice since it’s a bit lighter… and can hopefully evolve to the Levo SL once I get the hang of it.

Just now I have a lot of fear, and am struggling. Might have to get someone to stand behind me for a bit 😂😂

IMG_4581.jpeg

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
went for a full SQLabs cockpit to improve my RAD/RAAD (and comfort ;p ):
- SQ80X stem 35mm (mostly for the +6° stem angle)
- SQ30X handlebar with 45mm rise
- SQ70X grips
Where about are you? I was looking for the same bar today, but couldn’t find one in stock…

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
View attachment 120125
Got this MTB Hopper Balance stand today - to attempt to learn how to manual.

Decided to stick my Stumpy in it first to practice since it’s a bit lighter… and can hopefully evolve to the Levo SL once I get the hang of it.

Just now I have a lot of fear, and am struggling. Might have to get someone to stand behind me for a bit 😂😂

View attachment 120126
If you tie a rope from the wheel down, that is what most do?

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
ordered the bar direct from SQLab as I couldn't find it anywhere either on the high rise version
I don’t think SQ Lab ship to the UK. I can find the Alu version, but not the carbon. Will keep looking.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
There are some on Amazon uk

I've found the carbon one on Tweeks - with a 1 week delivery time for £199.
Cheaper than the manufacturer, and I'm away on holiday on Thursday for 10 days... so it'll hopefully be here by the time I get home!

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Some Project 76 cable tidies,
Oh they look cool, ordered some myself now :D
I noticed my front brake cable vibrates about wildly sometimes and seems annoying.

New tyres
Cheap circlip pliers
Cheapo pick tools. (for when I do a lower leg refresh on the front suspension)
Cheapo adapters for my torque wrenches
New brake pads.
Some ergon grips because my current grips leave my hands hurting a little after long rides.
Bosch lockring tool + fat socket wrench that fits around it.
and lastly Bosch bearing protection grease
IMG_20230713_195154.jpg

Last edited:

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
View attachment 120161
or:
View attachment 120162
It just keeps you from flopping over all the way. I am sure there is a "best" amount to allow it to rock back, without going all the way. I've used someone else's, haven't set up my own.
Ahhh... I see what you mean! A way of attaching the bike so I can't go too far back.
I will have a look at it tonight and see if there is something I can hook up as a safetynet... at least whilst I get the hang of the feeling. It feels a bit alien to me to go THAT far back!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles