What did you buy your ebike this week?

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
2 new tyres assegia max terra for front and dhr2 max terra for rear after slitting rear at inners on Tuesday right near the bead

also new digital shock pump and some bling rotor bolts haha 😛

Try the Assegia out on Wednesday see how that fares been a dhf guy for years

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
A megneg upgrade for my shock.
20230610_172746.jpg

uspsa2011

Jan 24, 2022
Chino Hills, CA
Morning all!

Recently did a mod with lots of "bang for your buck"
Upgraded to Shimano Deore XT 8100 Levers with great success!

The Trek Rail 5 is spec'ced with Shimano M4100 Levers and MT420 calipers. Aaaannnd the brake lines are shrouded and hidden in the down tube and other keepers.. I did not want to dissemble the whole bike to change the lines. After some research and advice from trusted folks here and favorite bike shop. The upgrade is cross compatible across the line.
Win!
-Servo wave brake feel
-Nicer lever blade
-Great price for the upgrade

I will add SLX and Higher calipers would be nicer, but a great upgrade nonetheless.

Have a great weekend on the trails!

Julie_X1

Jan 22, 2023
Canada
Morning all!

Recently did a mod with lots of "bang for your buck"
Upgraded to Shimano Deore XT 8100 Levers with great success!

The Trek Rail 5 is spec'ced with Shimano M4100 Levers and MT420 calipers. Aaaannnd the brake lines are shrouded and hidden in the down tube and other keepers.. I did not want to dissemble the whole bike to change the lines. After some research and advice from trusted folks here and favorite bike shop. The upgrade is cross compatible across the line.
Win!
-Servo wave brake feel
-Nicer lever blade
-Great price for the upgrade

I will add SLX and Higher calipers would be nicer, but a great upgrade nonetheless.

Have a great weekend on the trails!

Congrats, cool upgrade.

So all you did was switch the levers? You didn’t have to mess with re-cabling things, etc.?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Not so much bought as stolen from a museum...

IMG_5578.jpeg

and
IMG_5579.jpeg

SPD pedals and shoes from the '90's... :oops:

Having such a small pedal platform was a bit disconcerting at first but I soon got used to it.

uspsa2011

Jan 24, 2022
Chino Hills, CA
Congrats, cool upgrade.

So all you did was switch the levers? You didn’t have to mess with re-cabling things, etc.?
Thank you!

Yes, as simple as that! Which is why I didn't go with a brand new complete brake set up. As I noted in the OP,. I avoided pulling and running new line.

Install required, New Olive, barb and a fresh bleed.
(NOTE: you will need to consider shortening the existing hydraulic hoses at the lever end to install fresh barb and olive)

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Although GoPro Hero 9 Black are on sale at £249 on Amazon (reduced from £429), I bought an Akaso V50X action camera for £100 because I figure that as a first action cam that's a sensible price for me as a starter. Apparently there are two versions with different quality sensors but mine is the version with the poorer sensor. Now got to try it out with an old but functional chest cam holder a son gave me. Be interesting to see what the image stabilisation is like.

Edit: poorer sensor

Last edited:

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Although GoPro Hero 9 Black are on sale at £249 on Amazon (reduced from £429), I bought an Akaso V50X action camera for £100 because I figure that as a first action cam that's a sensible price for me as a starter. Apparently there are two versions with different quality sensors but mine is the version with the better sensor. Now got to try it out with an old but functional chest cam holder a son gave me. Be interesting to see what the image stabilisation is like.
I went through the motions of trying different cameras, spending a little more each time for the slightest improvement but the difference is night and day from akaso to GoPro.

Akaso is really nice on slow steady rides and you get nice stills but the stabilization is in all honesty crap compared to GoPro.

I had the akaso prior to my Max360 and where I thought the akaso was good in the time using it, I was blown away on how much better the GoPro is.

What's done is done but I strongly recommend cancelling ( if possible ) the purchase and stumping up the extra for GoPro at that price.

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I went through the motions of trying different cameras, spending a little more each time for the slightest improvement but the difference is night and day from akaso to GoPro.

Akaso is really nice on slow steady rides and you get nice stills but the stabilization is in all honesty crap compared to GoPro.

I had the akaso prior to my Max360 and where I thought the akaso was good in the time using it, I was blown away on how much better the GoPro is.

What's done is done but I strongly recommend cancelling ( if possible ) the purchase and stumping up the extra for GoPro at that price.
If I decide to regularly use a camera I'll buy a nice one, but currently it's for occasional use.

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire

The start of this footage ( Akaso )

Vs

( Skip to 50 seconds in ) GoPro same location

Massive difference

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
If I decide to regularly use a camera I'll buy a nice one, but currently it's for occasional use.
Cool, The akaso was ok and like I said it does really well with capturing slow,steady footage and the picture grabs from videos are good too.
Slightly different model so hopefully the X is better at what the Pro SE failed at

Looking forward to seeing your footage

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Bought these to prevent build up of grass and other crap in the holes in (Shimano) derailleur pulley wheels, and also to reduce risk of sticks getting stuck in them (especially the lower one) and zapping the derailleur etc. Have to see how long the bearings last (there's a ceramic bearing version at twice the price).

20230615_185725.jpg

Last edited:

bilgamesch

Sep 19, 2021
Germany
As my bike currently doesn't need any new parts othern than some new pedals that I can't afford yet I got a dropper post and a Venec+ for my wifes Cube. It has become my project bike in the last few weeks, beginning with the cockpit that was replaced with an Ergotec Bass 45mm stem, Ritchey 10D Trail rizer, Ergon GA2, new tires, tubeless setup and a spare wheelset that I had in my parts bin (Mavic EN321 on Deore M6000 Hubs, way better than what came stock). So there's that.

Next month will be some Hope F20s for my Focus.
IMG_0449.JPG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles