What did you buy your ebike this week?

KODAKHODAK

May 22, 2023
Australia
Much needed Ergon SM Comp Saddle - Feels nice, keen to try it out soon!
IMG_7678_jpg.jpg

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Interested in why you chose this saddle over the E- bike specific saddle ?
I'm considering the latter after damaging my WTB Bel Air which has been my perch of choice for as long as I can remember ..

If you like WTB then you could try the Koda

I use the Volt, but she has the Koda and it’s well comfy. Decent price too

A06

Mar 9, 2023
Corona, CA
A pristine set of Fox 38 factory forks for a dirt cheap price! They have a scratch on the Kashima coating which matters not at all to me as I'm installing a Vorsprung Smashpot kit in them...bringing me to my 2nd purchase this week. About to order decals for the forks also.

KODAKHODAK

May 22, 2023
Australia
I'm considering the latter after damaging my WTB Bel Air which has been my perch of choice for as long as I can remember ..
I am a light 74kg guy felt the EMTB was
prefer the more flatter saddle compared to the eMTB version, our climbs here in Australia not so high compared to overseas terrain.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Just bought some Specialized 2fo Roost Flat Syn shoes, arriving tomorrow (hopefully). Have same shoes in leather but they're getting knackered. Fit my pronated duck feet perfectly, hope the new ones are the same fit.
They don't fit anything like as well as my old shoes. Returned.

beanzz

Feb 7, 2023
United Kingdom
Welp all the parts for my blue pig build are on their way.
Full slx drivetrain from bike components.de for 250 🤯
4 pot deores
H1900 wheelset
Dmr wingbar mk4 and dmr defy50 stem
Hope 203mm floating disc in purple
Maxxis minion dhr2 maxxterra etc etc
Dvo sapphire for 250 from pb
And that's pretty much it

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Much needed Ergon SM Comp Saddle - Feels nice, keen to try it out soon!
View attachment 117065
You will love it. At least your "ass" will haha. Ergon gets the prize for having the most confusing saddle names and models.
I have two SM E-Mountain Core saddles ($159 each). I like the slightly extra padding for my sometimes 2-3 hours in the saddle rides. I also like the way the Mountain Core turns up a little in the rear for even further comfort. I recently returned their SM Pro version $99 (which I bought just for the red trim) but I could definitely feel the little less padding in this model over the Ebike SM E-Mountain Core version. The SM Pro I'm sure is fine for going up and down steeper trails. They only make two sizes, so if your two sit bones are 4 inches or less apart . . . go with their S/M (Small/Medium) vs their M/L (Medium/Large). Numbess & Soreness are a thing of the past with Ergon. For sizing, bike shops have a gel board you sit on for sit bone sizing (but then you might feel obligated to buy it from them). Or just place a piece of cardboard box on a flat hard surface, sit on it for a min or two and then measure between the two sit bone impressions. I prefer using Amazon as I like to be able to exchange for another model if need be rather than deal with the returning grief of a LBS.

Montana St Alum

Feb 13, 2023
Park City Utah
You're replying to a thread from October 2019..?😂
Happy reading ..let us know when you've fully caught up 😂😂
Really? You went back to 2019 to check out where I am in this thread?
Are you the thread Karen?
Were you the best hall monitor ever in grade school?
I think I'll go ride now.

Last edited:

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
After more than 5.500 km I had to replace my Cube RFR SLT 2.0 pedals, because they started emitting cracking noises and I couldn't find any spare parts.
So my new pedals are DMR V12 with magnesium body - fully serviceable and rather light weight at 350 g. The Cr-Mo axle can be replaced by a Titanium one so I'll have an option to go even more lightweight in the future.

IMG_3548.jpeg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
So my new pedals are DMR V12 with magnesium body - fully serviceable and rather light weight at 350 g. The Cr-Mo axle can be replaced by a Titanium one so I'll have an option to go even more lightweight in the future.
I bought a pair of DMR Vaults (very similar to your V12) in 2010 and an identical pair (black with blue pins) two years later when I bought a second bike. I have had both pairs ever since, swapping them over on to new bikes as the years passed. I no longer know which pedals are which. The bearings in the two of them have been replaced a total of three times (but it might be four). But I genuinely have no idea which pedals have been done how many times. They just keep going on and on.
A small tip: Place an "O" ring on the pedal axis up against the wiper seal of the pedal. It helps to stop penetration by water and grit.

trx

Dec 5, 2022
Milan
After more than 5.500 km I had to replace my Cube RFR SLT 2.0 pedals, because they started emitting cracking noises and I couldn't find any spare parts.

View attachment 117288
These are my favorite pedals - best grip ever - you can also play with longer pins.
I usually buy the bare metal ones, because paint won't last long on a pedal and then they look worse.. Last time I found some really cheap offer for the orange one - went ahead sanding all the paint off :ROFLMAO: still worth it

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Here is a shot of the Vaults on my bike. The shot after is the back-up pair (they look in slightly better condition).

You will notice that I have removed the centre pin on each side. They did too much damage to my legs!
DMR Vault worn 2.jpg

DMR worn 1.jpg

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Here is a shot of the Vaults on my bike. The shot after is the back-up pair (they look in slightly better condition).

You will notice that I have removed the centre pin on each side. They did too much damage to my legs!
View attachment 117295

View attachment 117296
That is a great idea on just removing the center pin. My DMR Vaults were also making my legs look like a hamburger! Switched to these pinless flats in red and also black and legs look great again 🤣

Screen Shot 2023-06-09 at 8.41.59 AM.png th-962536170.jpeg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles