What did you buy your ebike this week?

valecek

Apr 20, 2023
Slovakia
Ergon grips, mudguard for zebb, garmin sensors, chain and some protection for older son

20230517_153938.jpg 20230517_153632.jpg 20230517_153310.jpg

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
I made the mistake of riding my buddies Santa Cruz Heckler emtb which is a mullet wheel set up. I got three downhill kom’s and now I have to order a 27.5 rear wheel, cushcore and shorter cranks. My bike is designed as 29er only so I hope I can make it work well.
I think the rear triangle is different as well. I really enjoyed the mullet setup I test rode, but ended up buying a 29er on sale because that is what was left.

RiderOnTheStorm

Tired of losing my taillight on rough trails or having to remember to recharge or replace batteries, I was desperately looking for a more reliable and integrated lighting solution for my ebike.

Enters the Lupine C14 SP tailight which really brightened my day (.... or should I say my night). I got the seatpost version, so it's simple to install without taking down the post.

It plugs directly into the light port of my bosch CX gen 4 motor and is powered by the bike's motor and battery. In order to get it to work though, I had to ask my bike shop to activate the light ports on the motor. No biggie!

This taillight is very bright (45 lumens), has a discrete, minimalist design. Feels solid (german built). Also has a sensor that detects braking and then lights up brighter for a few sec.

Really good stuff from Lupine and perfect fit for ebikes in my opinion. (y)

taillight.jpg

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
I was picking up a few scratches on the top tube, so got a dyedbro kit and I like the way the bike colour shows through the transfer/shield.

IMG_6004.jpeg

IMG_6005.jpeg

Oh, and a slightly longer AXS dropper. My old 100mm one went plenty low enough for my riding, but the 150mm 31.9mm one is more aesthetically pleasing. 😂

IMG_6006.jpeg

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
how correctly is sizing? for example if youre wearing adidas, or 5.10

gime me some feetback, I am so interesting
It's quite correct size. I have 42 (UK size 8) and it's the same than my Shimano shoes (the new model on). Leatt the shoes are quite stiff and require a long break-in, so they may seem small when new.

RiderOnTheStorm

Was looking to improve finger grip on my magura MT5 brake levers. I first changed levers and went for the HC alloy model. Was better but still not grippy enough.

I then found these silicone lever sleeves that did the job. Non-slip materiel, unexpensive, easy to slip on HC levers and most likely on many other brake levers, and they don't come off easily (a good thing). Good product in my opinion (y)

leverprotection.png

Last edited:

infyrana

Mar 28, 2023
UK
I picked up a bronze Deity stem, I know they have the ugly gap - but it will match my pedals and I couldn't resist at half price.

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Miranda 155mm cranks because I am at my 3rd pair of composite pedals already 😅

View attachment 115538
I wish the ISIS ones had pinch bolts they are really soft and don't want to settle down. Have to use blue loctite but even then you have to keep an eye on them but the 155 length is great, unless you run out of power and have to pedal uphill......

Chrysaor

Apr 12, 2021
Switzerland
I wish the ISIS ones had pinch bolts they are really soft and don't want to settle down. Have to use blue loctite but even then you have to keep an eye on them but the 155 length is great, unless you run out of power and have to pedal uphill......
Thanks for the tip, I will keep an eye on it at the beginning. The quality seems okay but it doesn't look great either. Well for the price I cannot really complain...
I have just tried in the garden so far but it feels curious, almost like a kid bike :D
I will give it a proper try on chunky trails this weekend, where I always get pedal strikes no matter how careful I am.

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Thanks for the tip, I will keep an eye on it at the beginning. The quality seems okay but it doesn't look great either. Well for the price I cannot really complain...
I have just tried in the garden so far but it feels curious, almost like a kid bike :D
I will give it a proper try on chunky trails this weekend, where I always get pedal strikes no matter how careful I am.
You should be fine with the extra added pinch bolts as long as you keep an eye on them. Mine don't have them for the motor I use. Otherwise I really have gotten used to their length after many years of using 170mm's.

RiderOnTheStorm

I wanted to equip my emtb with a front light that is compact and robust to withstand moderate falls but still powerfull enough to brighten my trail rides at night.

After trying a few models from Lupine and Lezyne, I finally settled for the Supernova Mini 2 Pro. I'm pleased with its brightness and wide illumination (550 lumens). I also like its solid aluminum built, made in Germany.

This light plugged into my Bosch CX Gen. 4 motor and is activated from my Purion display. I previously had my LBS enable the light ports on the motor for the taillight, so it was just plug & play with the front light. No fuss!

Only gripe was that the handlebars mount needed to be purchased separately. But overall, the Supernova Mini 2 Pro is a winner in my book (y)

Last edited:

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
A new Magura MT7 Pro for me. The thread in my rear lever seemed to have stripped a bit so it wouldn't stay tight to the bar at the top... and the hose was a bit short when I moved it to my new bike. I also need new pads soon.
I figured I was about £90 for the new lever, £30 for an official Magura hose / olive / banjo kit, and £20 for the pads... so finding a whole new brake kit for £141 was actually cost effective!

It also means I have a spare caliper that I can either keep or perhaps sell on ebay (they sell for over £100 new) to someone who's looking for a Shigura setup!!

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Just bought 170mm air shaft for my currently 160mm Rockshox Zeb A2 forks. So tomorrow is take my forks apart day.
Just performed that operation on my bike yesterday added a token and did a service also as long as I had it apart. Pretty easy procedure following this:

I didn't do the Charger conversion, yet.

Haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet.

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Yet another phone mount..... First impression was, This will not hold. It holds perfectly and has full 360° rotation.
Springs are extremely tight and survived a good test tonight.
£11 so can't argue with that.
IMG_20230530_194042.jpg
IMG_20230530_194049.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles