What did you buy your ebike this week?

matt_thebeard

Dec 4, 2020
south wales
Swapped the grey rockshox fork stickers for colour matching one ? and bought some body armour - alpine stars bionic action

image.jpg

image.jpg

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Swapped the grey rockshox fork stickers for colour matching one ? and bought some body armour - alpine stars bionic action

View attachment 52141

View attachment 52142
Let us know how you get on with that armour it looks good . I’ve been using this 661 for a few years now , I chose it because it had soft flexible pads and quite low profile but it’s quite hot , great in winter , but I reckon that alpine stars stuff looks cooler with better protection . Used to wear similar on motorbikes but that was a bit bulky for everyday cycling

image.jpg

Sharpy52

Aug 22, 2018
Surrey
Bought a super deluxe ultimate with megneg. Also bought a Zeb Ultimate.

Can’t wait for the weekend.

Megneg arrived here too, what did you have before the super delux ultimate? Mines going on the select, didn't know if upgrading to the ultimate was worth it just for the leaver and compression adjuster, I take it other than that there the same internally

matt_thebeard

Dec 4, 2020
south wales
Let us know how you get on with that armour it looks good . I’ve been using this 661 for a few years now , I chose it because it had soft flexible pads and quite low profile but it’s quite hot , great in winter , but I reckon that alpine stars stuff looks cooler with better protection . Used to wear similar on motorbikes but that was a bit bulky for everyday cycling

View attachment 52144
It’s not as cumbersome on as it might look infant the whole thing looks very subtle and I didn’t feel like a dark trooper in it haha my mates recently bought second hand 661 and it was too much of a bargain to pass up , I thought the same with the alpine stars if it felt ok on , it’s extremely vented tbh so should be nice n cool I’ll trial it Sunday maybe ? if I had an option and im
Sure there is one I would have gone for a short sleave one o removable elbow pads one though my paragon elbow pads are a lot more plyable
Than the ones one the jacket and though less protection I suspect the extra comfort might be worth it , who knows might even in pick them at some point ??

Sharpy52

Aug 22, 2018
Surrey
Chain guide and new chain ring. Just waiting for these bloody restrictions to ease slightly so I can get out on some proper trails rather than the from the door riding currently. Only 6 miles to Surrey hills but dont feel comfortable driving out of area to ride.
IMG_20210209_134132.jpg

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
Etnies have 20% off their winterized collection if you sign up to their newsletter, having already subscribed i used my work email to get the code ?
Picked up some Marana Mid Crank for 52 notes delivered ?

DtEW

Dec 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
1x DT Industry cut-to-length spoke and attendant brass nipple, via LBS.

128x DT Alpine III spokes and attendant brass nipples, via slow boat.

(Broke a spoke, which was expected because they were a known weakness of the stock wheelsets. Got the bike back on its wheels with a patch job, and the real fix will be forthcoming.)

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Chain guide and new chain ring. Just waiting for these bloody restrictions to ease slightly so I can get out on some proper trails rather than the from the door riding currently. Only 6 miles to Surrey hills but dont feel comfortable driving out of area to ride. View attachment 52482
Is it not feasible to ride to the Surrey Hills ..?
In terms of range that would still give you about 15 miles to play with once there or am I missing something ?

Sharpy52

Aug 22, 2018
Surrey
Is it not feasible to ride to the Surrey Hills ..?
In terms of range that would still give you about 15 miles to play with once there or am I missing something ?
Yep, have considered it, really it's more like 9 miles each way. Unfortunately there doesn't look to be any way to ride there without using the main roads otherwise I would, well not that I can see from maps, Strava, komoot etc.

Oded

Jul 27, 2020
Israel
I'm looking to upgrade my shifter too, they seem to all be sold out in the AUs stores. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on any improvements and what shifter you were running before.
Shimano XT\XTR shifters have a design flaw causing failures. One of the springs inside is ridiculously flimsy and brakes. My shifter failed after 4 months. Take a look at this (many people report the exact same issue):
Shimano XTR M9100 shifters keep breaking--no downshift...
I have a new XT right now, but once it fails, I’m switching to SRAM AXS.

Geedog

Subscriber
Dec 5, 2020
Shillington, Bedfordshire
Hello, new chain and jockey wheels, and a pair of wolfpack 2.4 cross tyres. And also got a bargain pair of shimano am9,s. I've done 590 miles in mud since having an emtb, and the jockey wheels are now death stars, I got replacement from superstar, they look v good quality, but absolutely no grease at all inside, so I filled them with grease, hopefully will last a bit longer than stock ones. Oh and a pair of humvee waterproof trousers, they worked a treat yesterday. Here's a few pics.

20210211_151130.jpg

20210211_150935.jpg

20210210_151129.jpg

matt_thebeard

Dec 4, 2020
south wales
Hello, new chain and jockey wheels, and a pair of wolfpack 2.4 cross tyres. And also got a bargain pair of shimano am9,s. I've done 590 miles in mud since having an emtb, and the jockey wheels are now death stars, I got replacement from superstar, they look v good quality, but absolutely no grease at all inside, so I filled them with grease, hopefully will last a bit longer than stock ones. Oh and a pair of humvee waterproof trousers, they worked a treat yesterday. Here's a few pics.

View attachment 52633

View attachment 52634

View attachment 52635
dirty bugger ;-)

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
Went a bit mad this week, better weather on the way - allegedly!

Park Tool socket - I can have play with the fork now.
Alcor rear light - feel safer on those country lanes.
Grease - I need it apparently ?
Enduro Zip Off trousers - Wasn't after zip off's - just happy to find some trousers in stock at a reasonable price, I really like them now, the best of both worlds.

1613205699511.png

1613205818126.png

1613205884813.png

1613205485296.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles