What did you buy your ebike this week?

leix_toffee

Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
@LF, what is the size of your undershorts? How do they fit?
I see on Amazon a pair but size is not specified(?)
I got M and I have 32imch waist and it’s a little snug. Would go up a size if I had a choice. I will live with it as I don’t want to return to Bike24

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
I bought a new OEM saddle for my eMTB (with diff fonts and colours ), to be told that the package is stuck at the border, as new Brexit rules are preventing it from entering UK.
I am told that for orders below £130, the EU based firms are no longer allowed to ship directly to customers in the UK. The parts must be imported by local (UK) firms and sold to the public.
I guess we are stimulating local economy... soon we will see new e-Motors from Lucas “prince of darkness”, if you are old enough to remember the good old automotive days.

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Hello, new chain and jockey wheels, and a pair of wolfpack 2.4 cross tyres. And also got a bargain pair of shimano am9,s. I've done 590 miles in mud since having an emtb, and the jockey wheels are now death stars, I got replacement from superstar, they look v good quality, but absolutely no grease at all inside, so I filled them with grease, hopefully will last a bit longer than stock ones. Oh and a pair of humvee waterproof trousers, they worked a treat yesterday. Here's a few pics.

View attachment 52633

View attachment 52634

View attachment 52635
Have you just dug that up ?

matt_thebeard

Dec 4, 2020
south wales
I bought a new OEM saddle for my eMTB (with diff fonts and colours ), to be told that the package is stuck at the border, as new Brexit rules are preventing it from entering UK.
I am told that for orders below £130, the EU based firms are no longer allowed to ship directly to customers in the UK. The parts must be imported by local (UK) firms and sold to the public.
I guess we are stimulating local economy... soon we will see new e-Motors from Lucas “prince of darkness”, if you are old enough to remember the good old automotive days.
ouch ! so under £130 you aint having it, over £130 you can have it but your paying import duty?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
That’s wrong. Under £130 the VAT must be collected by the seller on behalf of the UK taxman. This may incur costs to the seller that they will either pass on or swallow themselves. Understandably, most have gone fuck that and just made minimum order quantities of well over that amount. Imports valued at over £130 (might be £135, I can’t remember) will be purchased excluding local VAT and UK VAT should be charged by the courier before delivery. It’s currently a bit of a lottery as to whether you will actually get charged.

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
That’s wrong. Under £130 the VAT must be collected by the seller on behalf of the UK taxman. This may incur costs to the seller that they will either pass on or swallow themselves. Understandably, most have gone fuck that and just made minimum order quantities of well over that amount. Imports valued at over £130 (might be £135, I can’t remember) will be purchased excluding local VAT and UK VAT should be charged by the courier before delivery. It’s currently a bit of a lottery as to whether you will actually get charged.

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
For my Whyte E150-RS.......
OEM wheel set + brake rotors. (S/H as new)
OEM grips
All components and lubes to upgrade Lyrik to 2021 spec.
Bottomless tokens x3..
There’s my pension blown for the next couple of weeks. ???

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
My EVOC E-Ride backpack just arrived.
awesome!
I now have a battery capacity of 1000wh for some epic adventures

41151BEC-B5C3-4F70-93E4-DD6B1209F8A1.jpeg
20B92E34-F0D8-4192-9419-9FF50FED37CB.jpeg
54F4341B-2215-47C8-84F0-FD75F8340FF7.jpeg

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
AE8891C1-7140-423C-9784-7B2824B95EAC.jpeg

New left shifter, never thought this would be the first non consumable part of the spectralon to give. Had been using the EWEN100 instead, wich I was lucky to have at hand when the OEM shifter stopped working.

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
An $8 blow dryer from the 2nd hand shop . LOL .
To dry out my power cord on my Levo . Washed it the day before ,next day it wouldn`t turn on . Pulled the TCU out and dried it .No joy .
Then got on the phone to Spesh Oz . Got the tip to pull off the non drive side cover and dry the power cord . Presto !
A replacement power cord is on its way to the local Spesh shop for exchange .

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
This. Got to wait till June for it tho ? View attachment 53509
I hope it arrives in June or earlier
I ordered a Fox 40 in October 2020
Original eta 12/26
Pushed back to 1/14
Then pushed back again to today 2/19

I called Fox today and it doesn’t look like it will ship out to me yet as they have not received any

my friends ordered shocks and theirs was only delayed 4-6 weeks after original eta

John B

Nov 25, 2020
Folkestone
I hope it arrives in June or earlier
I ordered a Fox 40 in October 2020
Original eta 12/26
Pushed back to 1/14
Then pushed back again to today 2/19

I called Fox today and it doesn’t look like it will ship out to me yet as they have not received any

my friends ordered shocks and theirs was only delayed 4-6 weeks after original eta
My mate ordered fox 38s in October and is still waiting for them! I’m hoping June/July as ment to be riding morzine in August.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
My mate ordered fox 38s in October and is still waiting for them! I’m hoping June/July as ment to be riding morzine in August.
i have another option of getting a 2021 Fox 40 built for me pieced with new parts from Fox which are currently available
it will actually cost less than listed price, but not discounted like the one i'm waiting for
still not bad though
so i might end up with 2 Fox 40's. Since they are hard to come by i shouldn't have a problem selling 1 and still break even

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles