What did you buy your ebike this week?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
No. not at all.
I've just always found English folk using "brought" when they mean "bought" and vice versa funny.
Leisure lakes have been around a loooong time so you should be sound when you do need to "bring" it back ;)

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Just ordered this great piece of kit on Amazon just now.

always struggled to get tyres clean. I think I may have cracked it with this cutting edge tech.

E5619318-65F6-4843-9358-A3A30CDEE211.jpeg

St4nley

Subscriber
Nov 17, 2020
Derbyshire
Anyone looking for 10 speed parts, I’ve just had delivered a Saint rear derailleur from chain reaction, price wise seems good to me.

Photo shows no B adaptor but mine came with one.
F5C8C9AE-4682-4A8D-908F-BE0CBF0FE898.png

Andy__C

Apr 11, 2020
South Wales
I picked up the Rockshox service kits this week and gave what is possibly a 100hr overdue 50hr service to the Pike and Deluxe on the 2019 levo

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Spooky that the post above also mentioned the DVO Topaz shock, because I've just ordered one for my Focus Jam2 (210x55)

These shocks are selling that well that I had to order it now even though the ship from the USA hasn't been loaded yet! Not due in until mid Feb. The ship that docked in the UK in mid December didn't have any shocks of the size I needed! I had been waiting for two months already by that point so I was a tiny bit disappointed, to say the least, at the thought of having to wait for another two months.

1610123731621.png

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
Spooky that the post above also mentioned the DVO Topaz shock, because I've just ordered one for my Focus Jam2 (210x55)

These shocks are selling that well that I had to order it now even though the ship from the USA hasn't been loaded yet! Not due in until mid Feb. The ship that docked in the UK in mid December didn't have any shocks of the size I needed! I had been waiting for two months already by that point so I was a tiny bit disappointed, to say the least, at the thought of having to wait for another two months.

View attachment 49477
You could have a new Whyte by then............... :)

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane

View attachment 49477
Great choice. This is a 210x55mm too! I haven't ridden this one yet but from everything I've read i think it's going to be awesome upgrade from the crappy Deluxe.

Finished doing a base setting, just waiting for my shoulder to heal and then i can ride again.... 8 weeks today and counting...

PXL_20210106_071708361.jpg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@Dan63 That is the same shock that I will be replacing.
I have done my best to get it as good as I can. I have had two sessions with a Quark Shockwiz which both said it was as good as it could be. Then I added a token and it was better! I was thinking about trying a MegNeg, but then I saw reviews for the DVO Topaz and I thought "what the hell, go for it!"

The company I have bought the shock from said that they can sell every one that they can get. So does every other seller it would seem because I could not find anyone in Europe with any stock other than weird sizes.

Pascal Funk

Apr 2, 2020
France
How do you rate the Michelins?

RichT,
They are great tires, and super reinforced (No better, see sectional sketches)
Very soft rubber (42A) but quite resistant (I did only 300 kms with them and the rear is still at ~ 60% with 30% road)
Only problem: The weight: 1500 g the tire!
Very easy to snap in tubeless and rigid bead (It allows you to go home at low speed if a big accident on the tire)

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
RichT,
They are great tires, and super reinforced (No better, see sectional sketches)
Very soft rubber (42A) but quite resistant (I did only 300 kms with them and the rear is still at ~ 60% with 30% road)
Only problem: The weight: 1500 g the tire!
Very easy to snap in tubeless and rigid bead (It allows you to go home at low speed if a big accident on the tire)

Good to know, thanks.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles