What did you buy your ebike this week?

Link

Nov 22, 2020
Surrey
I didn't strictly buy anything but did design and make a bottle cage for my medium Trek rail, all the standard cages (even the Bontrager side load) would have the bottle making contact with the canister on the shock (the canister is towards the front of the bike on the 9.9). Anyway i modelled it and then 3d printed for a perfect fit version. :)

Screenshot 2020-12-21 at 10.41.10.png

20201222_165529.jpg

20201222_170001.jpg

pavelmatic

Dec 3, 2019
Lörrach, Germany
I didn't strictly buy anything but did design and make a bottle cage for my medium Trek rail, all the standard cages (even the Bontrager side load) would have the bottle making contact with the canister on the shock (the canister is towards the front of the bike on the 9.9). Anyway i modelled it and then 3d printed for a perfect fit version. :)

Great design! Is that TPU?

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Speaking of stocking up on brake pads, I've done something similar BUT waaaay down the bottom end of things. Well, not really stocking-up as such, but more like hedging-my-bets.

My bike is equipped with an 'eh eh' Tektro 4 pot brake system. Nothing flash but it stops the bike well enough and I really don't have enough incentive to upgrade it to something more uhmm 'respectable?'

My rear pads were getting thin... problem is I couldn't find any store that stocks Tektro original replacements. As far as I can tell, they are the same as Shimano Saint pads, but for whatever reason I couldn't find Shimano originals at the time either (middle of pandemic import shortages I guess). Everywhere I go, I was offered some re-badged aftermarket Chinese-made pads which I felt was over-priced for what they are. Bah...

So I had a look at AliExpress for an equivalent item (metallic sintered ceramic) and got really nervous because they were so cheap. But oh well, if the pads fall off or disintegrate in one ride it's no big deal. It would serve as a stop-gap measure until original pads become available. To make the shipment cost worthwhile, I ordered a few no-name mystery pads... and even splashed out on a less-cheap branded one which probably offset the cost of the additional orange paint and a cardboard flap for the packaging. ? If I'm going to end up with Chinese aftermarket pads then I reasoned I must as well pay for Chinese prices.

Well, ever since the arrived my rear Tektro pads stopped wearing thin for some strange reason. Maybe my bike sensed what's in store and decided not to have a bar of it! ? To be honest, the whole lot is so cheap that I just chucked it somewhere and I can't even remember where I put them, haha. Although when comes the time, I'll have a good laugh if they work and last as good as the Tekro originals.

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 10.42.01 AM.png

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Funny how it’s called toilet rolls out there

Does the toilet flush clockwise or counterclockwise on that side of the world? Or should i say anti-clockwise?
What do you call toilet rolls ?
Arse wipes ?
The toilet just flushes ..havent noticed a particular rotation ..however bath & sink water are clockwise..

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Today was the day I was supposed to be buying a new shock, a DVO Topaz T3, for my Focus Jam2. The ship from DVO docked in the UK from the USA on Friday. When the shipment arrived at the distributor, there were no shocks in the size I needed included! The next shipment to the UK is in 8 weeks time!.............aaaarrrrggghhhh!!! :eek:

1608755563863.png

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
What do you call toilet rolls ?
Arse wipes ?
The toilet just flushes ..havent noticed a particular rotation ..however bath & sink water are clockwise..
TP
Maybe I’ll start calling them loo rolls

Arse is another I find funny and can’t get used to hearing. Forget about the origin or true meaning. Ass just sounds better in every rap song. Who cares if they really are talking about donkeys
1608792677846.jpeg

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Today was the day I was supposed to be buying a new shock, a DVO Topaz T3, for my Focus Jam2. The ship from DVO docked in the UK from the USA on Friday. When the shipment arrived at the distributor, there were no shocks in the size I needed included! The next shipment to the UK is in 8 weeks time!.............aaaarrrrggghhhh!!! :eek:

View attachment 48032
Cancel your order? bike24 has DVO Topaz T3 shocks

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Cancel your order? bike24 has DVO Topaz T3 shocks
When I was looking earlier, just about everybody had some DVO Topaz shocks, the rest had none. Those that did have some Topaz shocks were not in the size I needed, 210x55 (standard configuration, not trunnion).

Prompted by your post, I looked again at Bike24. They still don't have the size I need and even if they had just been resupplied from DVO, there is an unwelcome message emblazoned in red, "product not shippable to the UK". I wonder how long that is going to last?

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
When I was looking earlier, just about everybody had some DVO Topaz shocks, the rest had none. Those that did have some Topaz shocks were not in the size I needed, 210x55 (standard configuration, not trunnion).

Prompted by your post, I looked again at Bike24. They still don't have the size I need and even if they had just been resupplied from DVO, there is an unwelcome message emblazoned in red, "product not shippable to the UK". I wonder how long that is going to last?
Sorry to hear that

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles